Tethyan Resources drilling in Serbia has confirmed copper/gold potential
A drill campaign at Suva Ruda in Serbia had confirmed porphyry style copper-gold mineralisation at the licence said Tethyan Resources PLC.
In total, Tethyan drilled four holes on the Rudnitza copper-gold porphyry target and the best intersections of the final three holes indicated metal over a width of 356m at 0.38% copper and 0.31 g/t gold from 48m.
Another hole showed similar grades over 285m, also reasonably near the surface while there were high grade areas within both holes of 1.45% and 1.55% copper.
Fabian Baker, Tethyan’s chief operating officer, said the drilling, its first at the site, had expanded the porphyry-style system’s footprint.
“Given that the project is situated in an area of excellent infrastructure, with a history of mining and with good access to the European market, the copper and gold grades encountered thus far make a strong case for further exploration and development at Rudnitza.”
Tethyan has an option to acquire 100% of the Suva Ruda permit from local Serbian company Deep Research. A second program of drilling is planned for the second half of 2017.
- What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Macedonia?
- Reservoir Minerals copper exploration project halted by Macedonia Gevgelija local authorities
- Mine waste failures and tailing spills in Serbia
- Ariana Resources at Kiziltepe gold mine in Turkey still mining strongly with record level of ore production
- Uzbekistan completes copper mine expansion project
- $700 million invested by Vallex Group in Armenia’s mining industry over past two decades
- Dundee reports record gold production in second quarter in Bulgaria
- Macedonia Valandovo local community mobilizes against copper mine exploitation
- UK Mineco lead zinc Mine Gros marks 2018 record production and announces 2019 investment
- Turkey gold exploration project promotes AU Mariana Resources junior mining Co