Ariana Resources identifies target areas in Salinbas Gold Project in Turkey
Gold exploration and development company Ariana Resources has identified 37 target areas within the Salinbas Gold Project in Turkey after extensive analysis of previous data, with several areas prioritised for additional work.
The company also requires follow-up projects for multiple significant rock-chip and soil geochemical anomalies, such as Au, Ag, Cu and Mo, which are yet to be drill tested.
The target areas are predominantly located around the Salinbas Au-Ag deposit, the Ardala Cu-Au-Mo porphyry and the Hizarliyayla Au-Ag system.
Ariana Resources managing director Kerim Sener said: “The Salinbas Project, although already containing a JORC resource of c.1Moz gold equivalent, remains only partially explored.
“There are several drilling results, rock-chip, soil and geophysical and geological targets that have not yet been tested to any significant degree.
“These targets are mainly defined within and around the Salinbas and Ardala resource areas but several additional targets lie elsewhere within the 16km long Hot Gold Corridor.”
The company is also planning to conduct an exploration programme along the Hot Gold Corridor this year, which will ensure consistent mineralisation from Salinbas-Ardala through to Hizarliyayla.
Sener also said: “Beyond the main Salinbas deposit, several well defined target areas at Ardala South East and South West, Hizarliyayla and Incesu South, among others, will become the focus of generative soil and rock-chip sampling work during 2017.
“In particular, we are excited by the possibility that the mineralised part of the Ardala Porphyry extends for a further 1km to the south and represents a style of mineralisation that is enriched in molybdenum.
“We are also particularly encouraged by several significant rock-chip and soil anomalies encountered in the Hizarliyayla area, which lies about 8km to the north of Hot Maden and along the same geological trend.”
The Salinbas Project is situated in the Pontide Metallogenic Province of northeastern Turkey. The project hosts three significant prospects, including Salinbas, Ardala and Hizarliyayla.
- Polymetal Armenia Does About-Face on Mining Project
- Serbia lead-zinc, copper, gold perspective deposits managed by foreign companies
- Raiden Resources surveys Stara Planina Serbia prospect
- Chinese company Zijin Mining interested in Serbia copper company RTB Bor
- The dark side of Rosia Poieni, Europe’s second largest copper mine
- BSG Capital Gabriel Resources owner Steinmetz wanted in Romania
- Cunico Resources operations in Macedonia & Kosovo, links with Gabriel Resources-Romania Rosia Montana
- Finland Afarak chrome mining producer gets exploitation license in Turkey
- Bosnia local community halts gold exploration
- Czech authorities approves Cinovec lithium DFS level drilling programme