Erin moves from exploration to development at Serbian boron project
Erin Ventures announced that it has started the exploitation licensing process for its Piskanja boron project in Serbia with the commissioning of an “Elaborate of Reserves,” a significant step towards production. The document is expected to be ready in about three months.
In a press release, Erin said that it is possible to move forward with the elaborate because the company completed sufficient fieldwork and related studies.
According to the Canadian miner, the primary components of an Elaborate are a Mineral Resource Calculation and a Technical Economic Assessment, which must be generated in compliance with standards set by the Serbian Ministry of Mining.
“This is an important milestone for us, as we are officially advancing from exploration to the development stage,” Tim Daniels, Erin Ventures CEO, said in the media brief. “I anticipate that this current development will enhance our value while creating a greater sense of urgency with potential partners, by bringing our timelines into sharper focus and mitigating major project risk.”
The Piskanja project is located 250 kilometres south of Belgrade. The project has an indicated mineral resource of 7.8 million tonnes averaging 31% B2O3, and an inferred resource of 3.4 million tonnes averaging 28.6% B2O3.
- How a rising anti-mining movement is challenging Portugal’s ‘white gold’ rush
- Canada supports responsible conduct in mining industry
- Adriatic produces lucrative copper/gold/silver concentrate in Bosnia
- Anglo Asian Mining production volume grew in Azerbaijan last year
- Ariana Resources in fine fettle as gold production climbs
- The weight of gold, Bulgaria
- Rio Tinto in Serbia: Lithium exploitation plan presented
- Lithium and rare earth elements discovered in Mongolia Khuut mine
- Otso Gold - Short runway to Finland gold production
- Romania Baia Mare Cyanide Spill by Esmeralda Exploration Australia
- Polish ZGH Boleslav lead and zinc mine in Montenegro secured future exploitation
- Zijin Timok copper-gold mine in Serbia to reach production target in 2023
- Albania chromium mines face closure
- Romania, MiningWatch vs Eldorado's Deva gold mine Certej
- Tara Mines bids to extract last of Bula resource and end long-running saga