Central Asia Metals marks solid 2019 production results in Sasa, North Macedonia lead zinc mine
Aim-listed Central Asia Metals (CAML) managed to exceed its yearly guidance at the Kounrad copper recovery plant, in Kazakhstan, producing 13 771 t in 2019.
This while production at the Sasa mine, in north Macedonia, reached the top end of the guidance range at 23 360 t zinc and 29 201 t lead.
The Kounrad plant produced 14 049 t of copper in 2018, while the Sasa mine’s output was 22 532 t zinc and 29 388 t lead in 2018.
The company ended the year off with $32.4-million in cash, while its gross debt stood at $108-million.
CEO Nigel Robinson said 2019 had been a productive year at Sasa and that many improvements had been made on site, including installation of a new tertiary crusher, which should aid increased production in 2020.
“We intend to transition to cut and fill mining in the next few years, which results in a busy year of technical studies while we finalise plans during 2020,” he confirmed.
CAML had set its guidance for this year at between 12 500 t and 13 500 t copper, between 23 000 t and 25 000 t zinc and between 30 000 t and 32 000 t lead.
- How a rising anti-mining movement is challenging Portugal’s ‘white gold’ rush
- Canada supports responsible conduct in mining industry
- Adriatic produces lucrative copper/gold/silver concentrate in Bosnia
- Anglo Asian Mining production volume grew in Azerbaijan last year
- Ariana Resources in fine fettle as gold production climbs
- Lithium and rare earth elements discovered in Mongolia Khuut mine
- Otso Gold - Short runway to Finland gold production
- The weight of gold, Bulgaria
- Rio Tinto in Serbia: Lithium exploitation plan presented
- Gold mines and projects in Greece – One of the main factors behind the stock price decline for Eldorado Gold
- Romania bail out from Ukraine Krivoy Rog Mining Oxidized Ore project investment
- BSG Capital Gabriel Resources owner Steinmetz wanted in Romania
- $700 million invested by Vallex Group in Armenia’s mining industry over past two decades
- North Macedonia to probe financing of Kazandol mining project
- Romania Baia Mare Cyanide Spill by Esmeralda Exploration Australia