Chaarat Gold to speed-up development of Tulkubash project, Kyrgyzstan
Chaarat Gold is planning to advance development works on its Tulkubash gold project in Kyrgyzstan in an attempt to begin production in 2019.
In its interim report for the six months ending 30 June, the company reported that the improving investment conditions in the country, combined with government support are positive signs to develop the project.
The development comes days after the company signed a licence agreement with the Kyrgyz Government, securing approval for the plan to take the first two stages of the Chaarat gold project into production.
The Chaarat gold project comprises three parallel mineralised zones, comprising the Contact Zone, the Main Zone and the Tulkubash Zone.
Chaarat Gold chairman Martin Andersson said: “I am delighted with the progress during the first six months of this year, and subsequently, and the diligent execution of our plans to take the Tulkubash heap leach project into production.
“Based on the progress we have achieved, including the positive drilling results and with all local permitting secured, the management team are now working on budgets, plans and timelines to accelerate construction ahead of securing the full construction financing.”
The company received approval for construction of the Tulkubash heap leach project.
In addition, it secured funding of $15m through the issue of convertible loan notes to finalise the Bankable Feasibility Study related to the Tulkubash project and begin preparations for its construction.
The company is planning to start detailed design of the mining, processing and infrastructure facilities.
- Bulgarian gold in offshore paradise linked to European public lender
- European Metals raises £2.28m for lithium Cinovec deposit in the Czech Republic
- In Poland’s coal heartland, miners defend their jobs but imagine a greener future
- Atalaya Mining approves expansion plan at Proyecto Riotinto, Spain
- Velocity Announces Additional Positive Drill Results at Rozino Gold Project, Southeast Bulgaria
- Tirex Resources mining license for high grade Rehova Albania copper project approved
- Beowulf Mining environment mitigation process with Sweden authorities
- Rio Tinto powers up Serbian Jadar lithium mine for car battery boom
- Ravello Investment Group takes over Turkey gold Pertek project
- Polymetal takes over Armenia Kapan gold mine from Dundee
- BSG Resources Panama papers on Oil refinery and Rosia Montana gold mine in Romania
- Avala Resources gold mining project Serbia, Environment Social Impacts
- Canada’s Euro Sun Mining gets $8.6 million financing for Romanian ops
- First Quantum Minerals copper-zinc Pyhasalmi mine in Finland
- Serbia sets up body to give boost to Rio Tinto’s Jadar project