FireFox Gold Commences Exploration in Finland
FireFox Gold Corp., formerly Silverstone Resources Corp., an unlisted reporting issuer in British Columbia and Alberta, is pleased to announce that it has commenced gold exploration activities on the Jeesiö and Ylöjärvi Projects, key properties in its 60,000 hectare land package in Finland.
The geological team from Magnus Minerals Ltd., acting as operator, initiated a program of geological mapping, rock sampling, till sampling, and geophysics on the 40,000 hectare Jeesiö Project in the Central Lapland Greenstone Belt. This is some of the first detailed reconnaissance and follow-up exploration work in this area since news of the Aamurusko gold in boulders discovery by Aurion Resources, less than 10 km north from the FireFox survey area.
Similarly, in southern Finland, Magnus geologists have been conducting mapping, sampling, and geophysics on the 10,000 hectare Ylöjärvi Gold Project, which is located in the Tampere Schist Belt. The Ylöjärvi Project lies between the currently operating Orivesi Gold Mine and the inactive Haveri Gold Mine. This project includes numerous historical gold showings and previously drilled prospects.
The Company expects to continue this prospecting work as long as weather permits. Combined with follow-up systematic sampling and interpretation, these surveys may lead to maiden drill targets on the Ylöjärvi Project by Winter of 2017 – 2018. Magnus is funding this first stage of exploration work and will be reimbursed by FireFox as part of the spending commitment related to the option agreement on the Finland properties.
- Serbia will not allow the exploitation of lithium just to export it to other countries
- Construction at Adriatic Metals’ Vares high-grade silver project in Bosnia and Herzegovina is picking up speed
- North Macedonia, Central Asia Metals increases copper production
- Kazakhstan, KAZ Minerals increases copper production 26% in first nine 2022
- Modern mining companies are now going to more zero emissions and green eco-responsible extraction technologies
- What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Macedonia?
- Serbia: deposits of gold and copper
- How valuable is Kosovo’s mineral wealth?
- Talas Gold Mining Complex in Kyrgyzstan launched
- Serbia has the world’s largest lithium reserves
- War over lithium behind the mountains in Portugal
- Walkabout Resources identifies ‘numerous’ drilling targets in Ireland
- Czech authorities approves Cinovec lithium DFS level drilling programme
- Who are the main players in the ore exploration business in Serbia
- New Bulgaria plant for casting of iron and steel