FireFox Gold Commences Exploration in Finland
FireFox Gold Corp., formerly Silverstone Resources Corp., an unlisted reporting issuer in British Columbia and Alberta, is pleased to announce that it has commenced gold exploration activities on the Jeesiö and Ylöjärvi Projects, key properties in its 60,000 hectare land package in Finland.
The geological team from Magnus Minerals Ltd., acting as operator, initiated a program of geological mapping, rock sampling, till sampling, and geophysics on the 40,000 hectare Jeesiö Project in the Central Lapland Greenstone Belt. This is some of the first detailed reconnaissance and follow-up exploration work in this area since news of the Aamurusko gold in boulders discovery by Aurion Resources, less than 10 km north from the FireFox survey area.
Similarly, in southern Finland, Magnus geologists have been conducting mapping, sampling, and geophysics on the 10,000 hectare Ylöjärvi Gold Project, which is located in the Tampere Schist Belt. The Ylöjärvi Project lies between the currently operating Orivesi Gold Mine and the inactive Haveri Gold Mine. This project includes numerous historical gold showings and previously drilled prospects.
The Company expects to continue this prospecting work as long as weather permits. Combined with follow-up systematic sampling and interpretation, these surveys may lead to maiden drill targets on the Ylöjärvi Project by Winter of 2017 – 2018. Magnus is funding this first stage of exploration work and will be reimbursed by FireFox as part of the spending commitment related to the option agreement on the Finland properties.
- Bulgarian gold in offshore paradise linked to European public lender
- European Metals raises £2.28m for lithium Cinovec deposit in the Czech Republic
- In Poland’s coal heartland, miners defend their jobs but imagine a greener future
- Atalaya Mining approves expansion plan at Proyecto Riotinto, Spain
- Velocity Announces Additional Positive Drill Results at Rozino Gold Project, Southeast Bulgaria
- Tirex Resources mining license for high grade Rehova Albania copper project approved
- Beowulf Mining environment mitigation process with Sweden authorities
- Rio Tinto powers up Serbian Jadar lithium mine for car battery boom
- Ravello Investment Group takes over Turkey gold Pertek project
- Polymetal takes over Armenia Kapan gold mine from Dundee
- BSG Resources Panama papers on Oil refinery and Rosia Montana gold mine in Romania
- Avala Resources gold mining project Serbia, Environment Social Impacts
- Canada’s Euro Sun Mining gets $8.6 million financing for Romanian ops
- First Quantum Minerals copper-zinc Pyhasalmi mine in Finland
- Serbia sets up body to give boost to Rio Tinto’s Jadar project