Zijin company takes over majority share in Serbian copper company RTB Bor
Serbia’s competition protection authority approved the takeover of a 63 percent share in the Mining and Smelting Complex Bor by the Chinse company Zijin, which became the strategic partner of that company.
The authority’s reasoning stated that the Zijin company never operated on the Serbian market so far, and they are expected to take over the RTB Bor management from the beginning of the next year.
The Zijin company offered to buy a 63-percent stake in the RTB Complex worth USD 1.26 billion (around EUR 1 billion), including a USD 350 million (around EUR 300 million) investment, RTB’s USD 200 million (EUR 172 million) debt settlement, and to preserve 5,000 jobs.
The Strategic Partnership Agreement between the Government of Serbia, RTB Bor and the Zijin company was signed on September 17 during the visit of Serbia’ delegation to China.
The company is obliged to pay USD 100 million (around EUR 860,000) by the end of this year and additional USD 350 million (around EUR 300 million), which will mostly go to the repayment of debts.
- UK Mineco Group marks successful 2018 mining and business results
- European Metals secures offer from Krupa to acquire Cinovec project
- Activists are campaigning against uranium mining in Spain
- BlueJay Mining PLC upgrades resource for its Greenland Dundas project as it presses ahead with PFS
- Greek Court Acquits 21 Environmental Defenders in Eldorado Gold Trial
- Euromax gold Ilovica Mine in Macedonia is spreading fear of heavy metals reveals local environment group
- Refractory ore trouble Russian gold miners
- Albania chromium mines face closure
- Bosnia coal mines to increase production in 2016
- Flinders Resources Sweden graphite Woxna project to be developed with Chinese partners
- Orion mine finance, the owner of Macedonia Sasa lead zinc optimistic in commodities market
- Bank of China to participate in EBRD syndicated loan for Shalkiya mine expansion project
- Russia’s Polyus big step closer to building world’s largest new gold mine
- Canadian International Minerals To Acquire Copper-Cobalt Project In Czech Republic
- Uzbekistan completes copper mine expansion project