Beowulf preparing to initiate scoping study on Finland project
Aim-listed Beowulf Mining is pushing ahead with the Aitolampi graphite project and is meeting with key decision-makers in Heinävesi to discuss the Finland-based project, CEO Kurt Budge said on Friday.
He stated that, although an imminent decision on its Kallak project, in neighbouring Sweden, had been delayed by the general election, the company was preparing to advance Aitolampi, with plans in place to initiate a scoping study.
Aitolampi has an indicated and inferred mineral resource of 19.3-million tonnes at 4.5% total graphitic carbon for 878 000 t of contained graphite, reported from all material within the eastern and western lenses, which are interpreted above a nominal 3% TGC cutoff grade.
The project contains a higher-grade western zone with an indicated and inferred mineral resource of 9.8-million tonnes at 5% TGC for 490 000 t of contained graphite. An eastern zone has an indicated and inferred mineral resource of 9.5-million tonnes at 4.1% TGC for 388 000 t of contained graphite.
“With Kallak and Aitolampi, the company’s ambition is to develop modern, sustainable and innovative mining projects in partnership with the communities in which we work,” Budge said in a statement.
- UK Mineco Group marks successful 2018 mining and business results
- European Metals secures offer from Krupa to acquire Cinovec project
- Activists are campaigning against uranium mining in Spain
- BlueJay Mining PLC upgrades resource for its Greenland Dundas project as it presses ahead with PFS
- Greek Court Acquits 21 Environmental Defenders in Eldorado Gold Trial
- Euromax gold Ilovica Mine in Macedonia is spreading fear of heavy metals reveals local environment group
- Refractory ore trouble Russian gold miners
- Albania chromium mines face closure
- Bosnia coal mines to increase production in 2016
- Flinders Resources Sweden graphite Woxna project to be developed with Chinese partners
- Orion mine finance, the owner of Macedonia Sasa lead zinc optimistic in commodities market
- Bank of China to participate in EBRD syndicated loan for Shalkiya mine expansion project
- Russia’s Polyus big step closer to building world’s largest new gold mine
- Canadian International Minerals To Acquire Copper-Cobalt Project In Czech Republic
- Uzbekistan completes copper mine expansion project