Zijin Bor Copper will build electrolytic copper refining plant in Serbia
The Chinese group injected $350 million in the capital of Serbian copper mining and smelting company RTB Bor in December 2018, acquiring majority ownership, renamed it to Zijin Bor Copper and made it, the Serbian unit of China’s Zijin Mining Group.
A company official of Zijin Bor Copper, said the company has launched a $65 million (58.1 million) project for the construction of an electrolytic copper refining plant.
The construction of the plant, which will have a capacity to process 200,000 tonnes of copper cathode per year, started on May 18, the deputy director of the copper smelter and refining unit of Zijin Bor Copper, Yu Daoming, said in the latest edition of corporate newsletter Kolektiv.
“It is the latest technology in the world, the so-called ring flow electrolysis, which has been used for three years in Jilin Zijin Copper in northeastern China,” Daoming said.
The new plant will have 456 electrolytic cells, and each of them will be able to hold 55 anodes and 54 cathodes.
“The new electrolysis will be much more cost-effective, because production will be higher, while consumption, especially of energy, will be significantly lower,”Daoming said.
In April, Serbian energy minister Aleksandar Antic said that Zijin Bor Copper plans to invest $800 million (731 million euro) in production capacity expansion in 2020 and 2021. The company intends to invest the sum in reconstruction of existing and opening of new mines, increasing the capacity of the copper smelter in Bor, as well as in environment protection activities.
- Construction at Adriatic Metals’ Vares high-grade silver project in Bosnia and Herzegovina is picking up speed
- North Macedonia, Central Asia Metals increases copper production
- Kazakhstan, KAZ Minerals increases copper production 26% in first nine 2022
- Modern mining companies are now going to more zero emissions and green eco-responsible extraction technologies
- Anglo Asian Mining announced the start of an expansion of its flotation plant
- What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Macedonia?
- Bosnia and Herzegovina, Discovered a gold deposit near Srebrenica
- How valuable is Kosovo’s mineral wealth?
- Spain, Denarius will initially have an option to subscribe for a 51% stake in EMI
- The raw truth of Europe’s raw materials
- Norwegian phosphate, vanadium and titanium raw materials discovery
- Lithium and rare earth elements discovered in Mongolia Khuut mine
- Who are the main players in the ore exploration business in Serbia
- Finland, Sibanye-Stillwater approved €588 million ($616m) investment to advance its Keliber lithium project
- Orion Mine Finance & Fusion Capital JV zink lead mine in Macedonia introduce a new juncture in mining business