Jadar Resources gets promising results from borate and lithium project in Serbia
The Jadar Resources program drilled two maiden holes for a total of 1238.1 metres at the Rekovac lithium and borate project in Serbia and had made some promising results. The company intersected preserved Borate and Lithium mineralisation in both holes, suggesting the site could hold a large mineral system.
As the two holes were drilled far apart, the resource remains open to the east, west and south, as well as at depth. The first hole, located 1.8 kilometres from the second, intercepted 2.5 metres with more than 10,000 parts per million of borate beginning around 500 metres down. Notably, the second hole intercepted 6.75 metres at 21,860 parts per million of borate and 278 parts per million of lithium oxide beginning at a depth of 170.4 metres.
The company also stated that the Serbian government is encouraging investment in the country’s lithium battery and electric car sectors.
Dejan Jovanovic, General Manager of Exploration, is encouraged by the early results.
“I am extremely pleased to see that the drilling of wide-spaced holes at the Rekovac licence has identified a very extensive borate and lithium mineralisation of significant grade and width,” Dejan explained.
“Drill results provided excellent vectors and it will greatly assist in prioritisation, warranting further exploration to gain a greater understanding of the Rekovac Project,” he said.
Dejan went on to say that he and the company are confident that further drilling should confirm higher grades of borate and lithium mineralisation.
Mining giant, Rio Tinto also plans to develop a borate lithium project in the region, beginning in 2021.
- Revaluation of Romania’s enormous mineral wealth
- Central Asia Metals’ mine in North Macedonia had leakage of tailing into the river
- Mining companies and their relations to the local communities
- Dalradian Gold plans gold mine in Northen Ireland, community splits between pros and cons
- Kaz Mountains in Turkey threatened by mining licenses
- What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Macedonia?
- Adriatic produces lucrative copper/gold/silver concentrate in Bosnia
- How valuable is Kosovo’s mineral wealth?
- Eastern Mining Company step closer to Exploitation Permit in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Euro Manganese to develop a high-purity manganese production facility in Czech Republic
- Serbia: deposits of gold and copper
- The weight of gold, Bulgaria
- Central Asia Metals marks solid 2019 production results in Sasa, North Macedonia lead zinc mine
- Rio Tinto invests $200 mln in Serbia’s Jadar lithium project exploration
- Armenia’s unprocessed copper is the leading export