Zijin Bor Copper to start production of copper ore at the Novo Cerovo mine
Deputy general director Hu Shaohua said that the Serbian unit of China’s Zijin Mining Group, plans to start production of copper ore at the Novo Cerovo mine in June. Zijin Bor Copper has purchased a new jaw crusher for Novo Cerovo and a tertiary crusher was ordered for producing finer ore in the mill sections, Hu Shaohua said.
“In accordance with the Serbian legislation and after obtaining all the necessary permits and licenses, access roads to the mines were made, numerous machinery was purchased and about 200 young people were hired,” Shaohua said, as quoted in a statement by Zijin Bor Copper.
In January, Serbian media reported Zijin Bor Copper plans to invest $800 million (705 million euro) in expansion of its production capacity in Serbia in 2020. Zijin aims to launch a project for expansion of the Veliki Krivelj and Majdanpek open-pit mines and to launch an investment aimed at opening the Novo Cerovo copper and gold mine this year.
The Chinese group injected $350 million in the capital of Serbian copper mining and smelting company RTB Bor in December 2018, acquiring majority ownership, and renamed it to Zijin Bor Copper.
- International mining companies in North Macedonia face resistance from local initiatives
- Rio Sava Exploration Ltd.: Spatial plan for yadarite exploitation and processing in Serbia
- Armenia’s unprocessed copper is the leading export
- Raiden Resources named the winner of the BG1 license-tender in Bulgaria
- North Macedonia’s mine games before the elections
- What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Macedonia?
- The weight of gold, Bulgaria
- Bosnia coal mines to increase production in 2016
- Lukoil’s oil refinery plant in Bulgaria to be fined for environmental pollution
- Romania, MiningWatch vs Eldorado's Deva gold mine Certej
- Lithium and rare earth elements discovered in Mongolia Khuut mine
- Sardich MC seeks €350mn for termination of mining contract in North Macedonia
- Medgold and Maiden Mineral Resource, estimate and testwork results from the Tlamino Project, Serbia
- Avala Resources Canada claim Serbia mine research results confirm 70 tons of gold, 177MUSD investments needed
- ARMZ Uranium Holding Co Russia plans production increase