Greece’s Council of State in favor of the Hellas Gold mining company
The overturn of a 2016 development ministry decision to derisively reject a necessary technical study
Hellas Gold, a subsidiary of Canadian mining giant Eldorado Gold, submitted the study in order to begin operation of its metallurgical unit at the Skouries gold mining concession, in the eastern part of Halkidiki prefecture.
At the time, the leftist SYRIZA government and relevant energy minister Panos Skourletis returned the study, without approval, to the firm “for reasons of substantive deficiency and inaccuracy.”
Four years later, and now with pro-market and pro-business New Democracy (ND) party in government, a majority of CoS justices again ruled in favor of Hellas Gold – the latest legal victory for the concessionaire, which has racked up consecutive legal judgments in its favor against the central government, regional authorities and numerous lawsuits by individuals and groups of plaintiffs.
The metallurgical unit in question is the principal processing plant, where mined deposits yield the final raw material, gold in this case.
- Jadar Resources gets promising results from borate and lithium project in Serbia
- Tethyan Resource acquisition of past-producing silver-zinc-lead mines in Serbia is completed
- Mundoro Capital’s strategic mining project locations in Serbia and Bulgaria, disciplined capital
- Karelian Diamond Resources – new diamond reservations granted by Finland mining authority
- Investment in Czech lithium project approved by European Metals shareholders
- What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Macedonia?
- Rio Tinto in Serbia: Lithium exploitation plan presented
- How valuable is Kosovo’s mineral wealth?
- Samax Romania, subsidiary of Canadian Carpathian Gold aims at 116t gold & 426 t copper at Rovina Hunedoara
- The weight of gold, Bulgaria
- Macedonia: Euromax Cancels Gold Exploitation
- Solway Investment Group Offers Euromax Resources its Macedonia based Ilovica-Shtuka Project a Better Path Forward
- Raiden Resources relists with new Serbian gold and copper focus
- No lithium mining in Portugal without environmental impact assessment
- Refractory ore trouble Russian gold miners