Sweden: Talga has started trial mining at its Vittangi graphite project
The trial mine, operating under a three-year permit issued by the Environmental Review Commission within the Norrbotten County Administration Board, covers the extraction of 25 000 t of graphite ore from Talga’s Niska South deposit at Vittangi.
Trial mined ore will be subsequently refined into the Talga’s flagship lithium-ion battery anode product, known as Talnode-C, for large scale production testing in the electric vehicle supply chain, the company said on Wednesday.
Trial mine operations are scheduled to begin in mid-September and in this first phase of the campaign, some 2 500 t of graphite ore will be extracted before the site is rehabilitated for the northern hemisphere winter.
The balance of the permitted 25 000 t graphite ore is planned to be accessed in 2022.
“The trial mining of our Niska South deposit will allow Talga to begin testing Talnode-C samples on a mass production scale”, said Talga MD Mark Thompson.
“The graphite anode products created from the ore will help progress Talga’s battery manufacturing customer qualification trials and market testing towards future expanded commercial production”.
- Rio Tinto’s Serbian saga offers a lesson in critical minerals
- Skouries project is expected to produce an aggregate of 140,000oz of gold and 67 million pounds of copper per annum
- Anglo Asian Mining expects to produce 54,000-58,000 gold equivalent ounces in 2022
- Since Kyrgyzstan seized the gold mine last year, it has been the source of constant scandal
- Xanadu poised to benefit from Mongolian mining laws
- Rio Tinto’s Jadar project in Serbia – one of the most important lithium deposits in the world
- What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Macedonia?
- Vimetco NV Aluminium Romania Alro reputation challenged with electricity court case
- Baimsky mining plant in Chukotka to start working in 2022
- Environmental issues of Rio Tinto’s Jadar project in Serbia
- Risky Greenland uranium deposits mining by GMEL Australia
- Titanium mining progress in Iran
- Talas Gold Mining Complex in Kyrgyzstan launched
- An influx of mining concessions in Portugal
- Polymetal signs swap deal to acquire 85% stake in Kazakhstan deposit