Savannah shares up on new Portugal lithium discovery
The share price of diversified junior Savannah Resources jumped 6% on Wednesday on news of three newly discovered pegmatites at the Pinheiro deposit at the Mina do Barroso lithium project, in northern Portugal.
Pinheiro is now the fourth major deposit in the mining lease and has the potential to increase the mineral resource estimate to more than 20-million tonnes, for over 200 000 t of contained lithium, the company said in a statement.
“Having already increased our mineral resource estimate by more than 500% in a little over a year we are excited by the discovery of three new pegmatites at the Pinherio deposit, which could further enhance the scheduling flexibility of a mine development and add to the overall mine life at Mina do Barroso,” said CEO David Archer.
Work at Pinheiro would be fast-tracked to be included in the feasibility study for the MdB project.
Shares in Savannah traded 6.72% higher at 6.35p each on Wednesday.
- More strong Adriatic drill success in Bosnia
- Potential investors are concerned about Amulsar gold mine issue
- Raw power
- European Metals starts beneficiation of Cinovec bulk sample
- Romania risks infringement over waste management plan
- Kazakhstan reveals mining and energy production figures
- Chaarat Gold, Underground Mining Alliance, Pilgangoora Minerals
- Lundin Mining launches hostile $1.4 billion bid for Nevsun’s Timok copper project in Serbia
- Exploration of all mining leases expiring in 2020 should be completed by December 2018
- Canada's Mundoro raises $1 mln to finance Serbian, Bulgarian copper-gold drilling projects