Nevsun Announce Second Chinese Regulatory Approval for Zijin Offer
Nevsun Resources Ltd. announce it been advised by Zijin Mining Group Co. Ltd. that Zijin has received the second of three required regulatory approvals from the People’s Republic of China for Zijin’s proposed friendly takeover bid of Nevsun .
The second PRC approval is from the Ministry of Commerce . With the previously announced NDRC and today’s MOFCOM approvals in hand, Zijin will submit, as soon as practicable, an application to the State Administration of Foreign Exchange for the third and final PRC regulatory approval required as a condition of the Offer.
As previously disclosed, Zijin’s Offer for Nevsun is all cash consideration of C$6.00 per Nevsun share representing a premium of 57% over Nevsun’s unaffected closing price of C$3.82 on May 7, 2018, the day Lundin Mining Corporation first publicly announced its intention to acquire Nevsun. In addition, the Zijin Offer is C$1.25 per Nevsun share, or 26%, more than the C$4.75 per share hostile take-over bid for Nevsun launched by Lundin on July 26, 2018.
The transaction is also subject to approval under the Investment Canada Act and customary closing conditions. The Zijin Offer is not subject to any financing conditions. Nevsun will continue to work with Zijin to complete the transaction and will keep shareholders updated as conditions of the Offer are met.
The Nevsun and Zijin circulars are available under Nevsun’s profile on SEDAR at www.sedar.com, with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission at www.sec.gov, and on Nevsun’s website at www.nevsun.com. Nevsun’s Board of Directors continues to recommend that Nevsun shareholders acept the Zijin offer by tendering their shares as noted in the Zijin circular and continue to reject the hostile take-over bid launched by Lundin and NOT tender their shares to the Lundin offer, which will expire on November 9, 2018.
- What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Macedonia?
- Reservoir Minerals copper exploration project halted by Macedonia Gevgelija local authorities
- Uzbekistan completes copper mine expansion project
- Turkey gold exploration project promotes AU Mariana Resources junior mining Co
- Ariana Resources at Kiziltepe gold mine in Turkey still mining strongly with record level of ore production
- Romania, Rovina gold mining project in Romania close to getting final permits
- New Bulgaria plant for casting of iron and steel
- Kyrgyzstan Kumtor gold output accounted for 9.7% of country’s GDP in 2017
- $700 million invested by Vallex Group in Armenia’s mining industry over past two decades
- Mine waste failures and tailing spills in Serbia