Romania Says EU Court Decision Moots $4.4B Mining Claim
Romania has told international arbitrators they can’t hear a Canadian mining company’s $4.4 billion claim over a delayed gold and silver project because a recent, groundbreaking court decision slammed the door on certain investment arbitration cases involving European Union members, according to a brief published late Tuesday.
Canadian miner Gabriel Resources Ltd. and its Jersey-based subsidiary announced in June they had launched the claim before an International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes tribunal first assembled two years earlier, arguing that the country has blocked…
- Who are the main players in the ore exploration business in Serbia
- Serbia Lece gold mine in the hands of a phantom company from Dubai
- What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Macedonia?
- Serbia: deposits of gold and copper
- Eldorado and Minvest Deva Certej mine proposal rejected in Romania
- Adriatic Metals’ Veovaca project in Bosnia received exploitation permit
- Oil and gas company MOL cuts CAPEX, focus on projects in Croatia, Russia, Pakistan
- Vast Resources increases funds needed for its Romania Manaila copper mine development
- Lukoil Romania Petrotel oil refinery prepares for Iran oil
- Sweden eyes cobalt mining on home turf