Plymouth Minerals gains expansion approval for San Jose project, Spain
Australia-based lithium and potash exploration and development company Plymouth Minerals has secured an expansion tenure at the San Jose project in Spain.
The tenure is jointly owned by Plymouth and Spanish partner Scayr’s subsidiary Valoriza Mineria through an earn-in joint venture
The expansion tenure includes lithium-tin mineralisation extensions within original tenement secured through government tender process.
Mineralisation is open along strike and at depth at San Jose and extends north into the recently granted tenement, Ampliación a Valdeflórez 10359-00.
In addition to providing space for the required infrastructure including the proposed lithium carbonate processing facility, the tenement extends coverage along strike for the San Jose project.
It is expected that a mining licence application will be submitted by Plymouth and Valoriza Mineria in the third quarter of this year to develop San Jose as an open-pit mining operation with on-site treatment plant to produce lithium carbonate.
The processing facility at San Jose is expected to use conventional, simple acid leach and carbonate precipitation to produce lithium carbonate for the battery industry.
Under the earn-in agreement, Plymouth can earn up to 75% of San Jose by completing a feasibility study within four years.
The company also owns an 80% interest in the Morille tungsten project in Spain.
- Serbia will not allow the exploitation of lithium just to export it to other countries
- Construction at Adriatic Metals’ Vares high-grade silver project in Bosnia and Herzegovina is picking up speed
- North Macedonia, Central Asia Metals increases copper production
- Kazakhstan, KAZ Minerals increases copper production 26% in first nine 2022
- Modern mining companies are now going to more zero emissions and green eco-responsible extraction technologies
- What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Macedonia?
- Serbia: deposits of gold and copper
- How valuable is Kosovo’s mineral wealth?
- Talas Gold Mining Complex in Kyrgyzstan launched
- Walkabout Resources identifies ‘numerous’ drilling targets in Ireland
- Czech authorities approves Cinovec lithium DFS level drilling programme
- Who are the main players in the ore exploration business in Serbia
- New Bulgaria plant for casting of iron and steel
- Serbia has the world’s largest lithium reserves
- War over lithium behind the mountains in Portugal