New gold deposit found in Serbia
At the site of Munjino brdo, in 2018, research accompanied the preparatory construction works in the area of Corridor 11 showed from the core of the well located in the phyllites, gold contents of 5.74 ppm and silver of 0.7 ppm, according to the data from the Rulebook on determining the Annual Program of Basic Geological Research for 2021, which was adopted by Ministry of Mining and Energy of Serbia at the end of March. For clarification, the notation ppm (parts per million) refers to the millionth part of a whole. When it comes to mining, gold ore can be mined economically with 0.5 ppm, and low-class gold ores are considered to be those with less than 5 ppm of gold.
– During the next year, 2019, research was conducted on part of Corridor 11 (Preljina-Pozega), Prilipac site, and also continued research of pyroclastics of Dacite composition at the site Ivanovci near Ljig and confirmed elevated contents of rare metals such as beryllium, niobium, tungsten, silver and thorium – it is stated in the Rulebook.
During the last year, the document further states, the largest scope of research was focused on the terrains between Preljina and Pozega on Corridor 11, where the Laz and Munjino brdo tunnels are being built. At that time, at the entrance to the Munjino brdo tunnel, elevated contents of chromium and silver were registered in graphite shales and phyllites, and at the exit from the tunnel, which is in plate and crumbling shales with lots of graphite shales, increased contents of chromium, manganese, silver and cobalt were registered.
Research along the new corridors in Serbia has been conducted before, given, as stated, the construction of a relatively large-scale road network in recent years, with the aim of, with a minimum of financial investment, to collect significant geological data from sites that are “discovered” during construction works within the construction of roads.
In 2016, the largest volume of basic geological research was performed on corridors 11 and 10. In the area of Takovo-Preljina, along the route of the road, “interesting mineralizations of antimony, chromium, nickel and mercury” were discovered.
Geological research in the area of Takovo-Preljina continued in 2017, as well as in the area of construction of the route of Corridor 10, from Nis to Pirot, when two metallogenetic zones were intersected: Ridanj-Krepoljina and Bor metallogenetic zone, in which stated, “very interesting mineralizations of copper and gold were found.”
For 2021, it is concluded in the part of the document that deals with geological research of metals along the corridor, it is planned to continue geological research on Corridor 11, ie on the section Preljina-Pozega, but also on the road Ruma-Sabac-Loznica and on all other roads whose routes pass through geologically interesting areas.
Golija and Ozren lie on gold?
It is also interesting that the state has been looking for precious metals in Golija and Ozren since 2018. The results of these researches have shown, according to the same document, that these are very promising terrains in terms of finding the most valuable precious metal.
A significant increase in gold was registered on Golija that year, and the year before, in the wider area of Ozren and Golija of about 200 km2, high gold contents were registered again, which were not recorded in previous research.
Research on these mountains continued during 2020, and the continuation of research is planned for 2021 in these ore regions, as well as further to the northwest (area Zlatar – Priboj).
Completion of the research is planned for 2024.
- Rio Tinto’s Jadar project in Serbia might go on referendum
- Rio Tinto is ecological catastrophe for Serbian citizens
- New research has revealed the true wealth of copper and gold deposits in eastern Serbia
- Miedzi Copper Corporation discovers deposits of silver and copper in Poland
- Serbia Lece gold mine in the hands of a phantom company from Dubai
- One of the future largest zinc mines in Europe located in Montenegro
- What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Macedonia?
- Serbia could exploit platinum group metals whose price rapidly increases
- $700 million invested by Vallex Group in Armenia’s mining industry over past two decades
- The Dundee Chelopech Bulgaria Case – A Story of Hidden Nationalization