Frontera Resources & Naftogaz Ukraine gas joint venture project
Frontera Resources, the AIM traded oil-gas exploration company kicks off the joint venture project with Ukraine Naftogaz.
Frontera Resources moved to solidify its expansion into Ukraine on Tuesday, signing a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with UkrGasVydobuvannya (UGV), a subsidiary of the country’s national energy company Naftogaz.
The AIM-traded independent oil and gas exploration and production company said the MOU furthered a joint effort initially established last year between Frontera and Naftogaz.
During July 2015, the two entities moved to work together in upstream exploration and production projects in Ukraine, as well as to study the possibility to bring liquefied natural gas to Ukraine from Frontera’s ongoing work in Georgia where it had identified prospective natural gas resources of as much as 187trn cubic feet.
This MOU served to create a more detailed framework of technical and commercial cooperation between Frontera and UGV, the company’s board explained, in order to move towards implementation of joint work in specifically targeted upstream exploration and production projects in Ukraine.
“Frontera is very pleased to continue to advance its work with Naftogaz and to further focus its upstream initiative in Ukraine with UGV as an important element of our Greater Black Sea Strategy”, said Frontera chairman and CEO Steve Nicholas.
“Ukraine represents a unique opportunity for meaningful growth in Europe with its significant underdeveloped and under-explored oil and gas potential such that, with joint initiatives like ours, it will accelerate its path toward becoming an important supplier of energy not only to its domestic markets, but also to greater Europe in years to come”, he explained.
- Serbia Lece gold mine in the hands of a phantom company from Dubai
- Glencore starts drilling again at Pallas Green
- How valuable is Kosovo’s mineral wealth?
- Sweden: Talga has started trial mining at its Vittangi graphite project
- Romania Baia Mare Cyanide Spill by Esmeralda Exploration Australia
- Dundee reports record gold production in second quarter in Bulgaria
- Armenia’s environmental crimes committed in Azerbaijani lands are said to cause $285 billion in damages
- Miedzi Copper Corporation discovers deposits of silver and copper in Poland
- Gold mines and projects in Greece – One of the main factors behind the stock price decline for Eldorado Gold
- Dundee issues Bulgaria Chelopech gold mine technical-mineral resource update report