European Metals secures offer from Krupa to acquire Cinovec project
Western Australia-based European Metals received an offer from Krupa Global Investments to purchase the Cinovec lithium deposit, which is located northwest of Prague.
Cinovec is the largest lithium deposit in Europe.
According to the firm, it did not give consideration to this indicative offer because the letter from Krupa Global Investments did not detail price, terms or conditions.
KGI has released the letter to the Czech media, but European Metals stated that it did not have any discussion with KGI over the transaction.
This offer was made on behalf of the Ceske Lithium company, which is a member of the KGI Group in the Czech Republic.
European Metals, through its subsidiary Geomet s.r.o, has secured the control of the mineral exploration licenses awarded by the Czech state.
The Cinovec lithium-tin project was bought by European Metals in 2012. The minewas closed in 1993 and then rehabilitated seven years later.
In November 2018, European Metals began geotechnical studies and finished preliminary feasibility study. This indicated a post-tax net present value of $540m.
The project has an initial probable ore reserve of 34.5 million tonnes at 0.65% lithium oxide and 0.09% tin.
The mine is expected to have an annual production of 22,800t of lithium carbonate for the first 20 years.
The mine is situated in proximity to car manufacturers and lithium ion battery manufacturers, reported Australian Mining.
In an ASX statement, European Metals stated: “The economic viability of Cinovec has been enhanced by the recent strong increase in demand for lithium globally, and within Europe specifically.”
- The dark side of Rosia Poieni, Europe’s second largest copper mine
- BSG Capital Gabriel Resources owner Steinmetz wanted in Romania
- Polymetal Armenia Does About-Face on Mining Project
- Serbia lead-zinc, copper, gold perspective deposits managed by foreign companies
- Raiden Resources surveys Stara Planina Serbia prospect
- Chinese company Zijin Mining interested in Serbia copper company RTB Bor
- Romania bail out from Ukraine Krivoy Rog Mining Oxidized Ore project investment
- Flinders Resources Sweden graphite Woxna project to be developed with Chinese partners
- Orsu Metals proceeds with sale of Karchiga Project in Kazakhstan
- Grassroots Resistance to Mining in Macedonia