Euro Sun’s Rovina Valley gold-copper project in Romania
In March, Canada’s Euro Sun Mining announced that it estimates a robust gold and copper output and total initial capital expenditures (CAPEX) of $399 million (329 million euro) at Rovina Valley in Romania, following positive results of the definitive feasibility study. The feasibility study uncovered a potential average annual gold equivalent production of 146,000 ounces over the first ten years, consisting of 106,000 ounces of gold and 19 million pounds of copper per annum, Euro Sun said at the time.
Euro Sun said that it has received the approval from relevant Romanian authorities to initiate the Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) for its Rovina Valley gold and copper project.
The company and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) of Hunedoara county are now working towards receiving the agreements and opinions from all the administrative authorities required for approval of the urbanism certificate as part of the SEA process, Euro Sun said in a statement.
The company and the EPA are also preparing for public consultations which are expected to occur in the third quarter of 2021.
“This approval is an important milestone in the SEA process. We believe that our frequent public communications and presence in the local community has played an important role,” Euro Sun CEO Scott Moore said.
- What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Macedonia?
- Reservoir Minerals copper exploration project halted by Macedonia Gevgelija local authorities
- Ariana Resources at Kiziltepe gold mine in Turkey still mining strongly with record level of ore production
- Uzbekistan completes copper mine expansion project
- Dundee reports record gold production in second quarter in Bulgaria
- $700 million invested by Vallex Group in Armenia’s mining industry over past two decades
- Mine waste failures and tailing spills in Serbia
- Macedonia Valandovo local community mobilizes against copper mine exploitation
- Rio Tinto is ecological catastrophe for Serbian citizens
- Turkey gold exploration project promotes AU Mariana Resources junior mining Co