Euro Sun Mining raised money for mining projects in Romania
Euro Sun Mining has raised CAD 22.32 million in funding (USD 16.6 mln). The company operates the Rovina gold project and another prospect in Romania and will use the funds for exploration and the development of its mining projects.
In 2018, the Romanian Government completed the concession license ratification, allowing the Canadian company to start exploiting gold and copper at Rovina, in Hunedoara county.
In 2015, the National Agency for Mineral Resources (ANRM) granted the exploitation license to the Canadian group for 20 years. At that time, the value of the mine’s potential production was estimated at USD 3.6 billion for gold and USD 1.7 bln for copper, with the state relying on royalties of USD 310.4 mln.
The Rovina gold deposit, the second largest in Europe, contains measured and indicated resources of 204 tons of gold and over 635,000 tons of copper.
- Russia ready for significant increase of domestic gold mining
- Berkeley hits permitting roadblock in Spain
- Canadian investor disappointed after Rosia Montana mining landscape added to UNESCO’s world heritage list
- Rio Tinto’s Planned Jadarite Mine Sparks Protest in Western Serbia
- European lithium independence – blessing or a curse?
- What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Macedonia?
- How valuable is Kosovo’s mineral wealth?
- Russian Copper Co RCC is planning to expand its mineral resources base in Kazakhstan
- Rio Tinto's USD 4,4 billion copper mine Oyu Tolgoi deal with EBRD-IFC-BNP Paribas
- Uzbekistan completes copper mine expansion project
- Serbia has the world’s largest lithium reserves
- Turkey Afarak Group new chrome ore mine license
- Samax Romania, subsidiary of Canadian Carpathian Gold aims at 116t gold & 426 t copper at Rovina Hunedoara
- Glencore corporation reports decrease in annual profit, issues with Kazakhstan and Congo authorities
- Rio Tinto’s Jadar project in Serbia might go on referendum