Zinc of Ireland commences third phase of drilling at Kildare project
Base metals explorer Zinc of Ireland NL has started the third phase of its diamond drilling programme at the Kildare zinc project in Ireland.
The move comes after the company completed intercept in hole 003 that was announced in June.
The first hole, 006, is currently underway at the McGregor Prospect, where ZMI intends to extend mineralisation along strike and eastwards of the intercept in hole 003.
Directed at extending the thick, high-grade Base of Reef mineralisation, the company is planning to take up several holes at McGregor, of which hole 006 is the first.
ZMI managing director Peter van der Borgh said: “Finding orebodies requires luck, hard work and good science and with a modicum of each in the past year ZMI has delivered a resource, arguably the best zinc drilling intercept of 2017, and a nearby discovery at Celtic Tiger within 200m of the surface.
“We aim to build on that in our Phase 3 drilling programme. We see the zinc price heading north in a substantial and sustainable way, and our growth story is positioned to be right there with it.”
A second drilling rig is expected to arrive next month to target the newly discovered Celtic Tiger prospect, located 1km to the west of McGregor.
The company intends to further accelerate the Phase 3 drilling programme once it receives the second rig.
- Thyssenkrupp exclusive distributor of graphite production from Elcora Adv Materials
- Ukraine coal giant DTEK’s assets becoming increasingly stranded
- Eldorado Gold gets positive Greece ruling, awaits mine permits
- Macedonia: How to Cut the Ilovica-Štuka Gordian Knot, EBRD supported Euromax on crossroad
- Dunav minerals Canada announced its Serbia gold assessment results in Medvedja mines
- Adriatic Metals achieves key milestone at Vares Bosnia
- Greek Court Acquits 21 Environmental Defenders in Eldorado Gold Trial
- Rakita Exploration Serbia & Freeport McMoran mining project development status
- European Electric Metals hires Nordmin for inspection of nickel-cobalt mine in Albania
- How valuable is Kosovo’s mineral wealth?