Zijin Serbia, Exploitation begins in second half of 2021 – 44.7 million tonnes of ore mined at Cukar Peka
In the upper zone of the Chukar Peka deposit near Bor, 44.7 million tonnes of ore with high copper content and associated gold and silver content have been certified, said Minister of Mining and Energy Aleksandar Antic.
The minister said that the Chinese company Zidjin is intensively working on a project to open the Chukar Peka mine, whose construction could begin in 2020 and exploitation in the second half of 2021.
He says the opening of the Chukar Peka Mine is one of Serbia’s priorities in the mining field, for Zidjin.
– The big news is that we have signed a decision on the establishment and certification of ore reserves at the Chukar Peka site, in the upper zone the reserves have been certified at about 44.7 million tonnes of ore with high copper content and associated gold and silver content – said Antic for Srbija Danas.
He adds that the certification of the reserve allows Zidjin to continue activities to open the Chukar Peka mine in 2020.
– We expect the beginning of the mine opening work in 2020, and the first copper exploitation in the second half of 2021. With this new copper production, Serbia will be in a position to increase significantly the impact of mining on GDP. Our estimates are very optimistic and we expect that in the next few years, mining will grow from the current two percent of GDP to some four to five percent – said Antic.
The Minister added that this will make a great contribution to the overall development of the Serbian economy, writes Srbija Danas.
- Construction at Adriatic Metals’ Vares high-grade silver project in Bosnia and Herzegovina is picking up speed
- North Macedonia, Central Asia Metals increases copper production
- Kazakhstan, KAZ Minerals increases copper production 26% in first nine 2022
- Modern mining companies are now going to more zero emissions and green eco-responsible extraction technologies
- Anglo Asian Mining announced the start of an expansion of its flotation plant
- What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Macedonia?
- Bosnia and Herzegovina, Discovered a gold deposit near Srebrenica
- Lithium and rare earth elements discovered in Mongolia Khuut mine
- Spain, Denarius will initially have an option to subscribe for a 51% stake in EMI
- The raw truth of Europe’s raw materials
- How valuable is Kosovo’s mineral wealth?
- Norwegian phosphate, vanadium and titanium raw materials discovery
- Who are the main players in the ore exploration business in Serbia
- Finland, Sibanye-Stillwater approved €588 million ($616m) investment to advance its Keliber lithium project
- Orion Mine Finance & Fusion Capital JV zink lead mine in Macedonia introduce a new juncture in mining business