Zijin Bor Copper, enlarged copper concentrate production in Serbia
China’s Zijin Mining Group, produced 26.9 million tonnes of tailings and 9.4 million tonnes of ore in the first half of 2020, in its Serbian unit – Zijin Bor Copper, lead mining engineer Jiao Jianming said.
The Chinese group injected $350 million (414.5 million euro) in the capital of Serbian copper mining and smelting company RTB Bor in December 2018, acquiring majority ownership, and renamed the company to Zijin Bor Copper.
Zijin Bor Copper, produced 27,700 tonnes of copper concentrate in the first half of 2020, up 10.5% on the year, Jiao Jianming said.
“Instead of the projected average content of 0.304% ore with 0.338% of copper was mined, and the utilisation of metals in flotation was 103% of plan. Therefore, instead of the planned 24,000 tons of copper in concentrate, 10.5% more was produced in the period,” Jianming said in the latest edition of corporate newsletter Kolektiv.
“We expect a better price of copper in the coming period, so we are optimistic about the full implementation of the plan for 2020,” he added.
Zijin Bor Copper aims to produce 55,000 tonnes of copper concentrate and 90,000 of copper cathode in 2020.
- Eldorado and Minvest Deva Certej mine proposal rejected in Romania
- What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Macedonia?
- Armenia’s environmental crimes committed in Azerbaijani lands are said to cause $285 billion in damages
- Kazakhstan to produce 21,600 mt of uranium in 2018
- Thyssenkrupp exclusive distributor of graphite production from Elcora Adv Materials
- Miedzi Copper Corporation discovers deposits of silver and copper in Poland
- Erris Resources obtains gold exploration permit for new gold project in Sweden
- China Zijin to build copper smelter in Serbia
- How valuable is Kosovo’s mineral wealth?
- Glencore starts drilling again at Pallas Green