Uzbekistan’s Navoi increased net profit in 2020
Uzbekistan’s state-owned mining company Navoi is currently preparing its gold business for the privatization. The company reported that the company’s net profit from gold operations in 2020 of $716.6 million was 209% higher compared to 2019 ($231.6 million). The company’s revenue from gold sales amounted to $4,558 million in 2020.
According to the publicly released documents, Navoi produced approximately 2.6 million ounces of gold in 2020, which makes Navoi the fifth largest gold mining company globally. Moreover, with all-in sustaining costs of $803.7/oz of gold reported for 2020, the company is also one of the lowest cost gold producers worldwide. Navoi owns Muruntau, the world’s largest gold mine by production and estimated reserves.
In a statement, Navoi pointed out that the implementation of its 52 investment projects worth more than $628 million is continuing at a rapid pace. Going forward, the realization of these projects will enable Navoi to create more than 30,000 jobs and boost gold production by 30%, the company noted.
Navoi said that the company’s reorganization and the creation of a joint-stock company was initiated as of March 6, 2020. The company added that it is currently continuing its efforts to attract financing, including from foreign banks, to help realize the company’s ambitious investment projects. Navoi is planning to place a debut Eurobond in 2021.
The company added that measures it has been implementing are laying the necessary foundation to prepare Navoi for an initial and secondary public offering on national and international stock exchanges. The IPO is scheduled for 2023.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina, Discovered a gold deposit near Srebrenica
- Resource Mining Corporation acquires highly prospective nickel and lithium tenements in Finland
- Erdene Resource Development Corp. reported results from recent drilling at the 100%-owned Dark Horse prospect
- Atalaya Mining provides exploration update on its projects in Spain
- Serbia, New energy and mining minister pushes Rio Tinto lithium project forward
- Romania Baia Mare Cyanide Spill by Esmeralda Exploration Australia
- How valuable is Kosovo’s mineral wealth?
- Europe is looking to enter the race for lithium
- Serbia has the world’s largest lithium reserves
- Who are the main players in the ore exploration business in Serbia
- Centerra Kumtor gold mine ongoing opposition and issues with locals
- What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Macedonia?
- Jadar Lithium in Serbia gets four exploration licenses
- New Bulgaria plant for casting of iron and steel
- Silvermet-Befesa gets EBRD loan for their Turkish Iskenderun zinc plant expansion