United Lithium’s purification protocol for lithium project in Sweden
The Bergby lithium project, located in central Sweden 25km north of Gavle, was staked by Leading Edge in 2016. It covers three exploration permits for a total of 1903Ha.
Canadian producer United Lithium has chosen Process Research Ortech to develop a leaching and purification protocol for the hard rock lithium deposits at United’s Bergby Lithium Project in Sweden.
Process Research Ortech has been tasked with developing mineral processing and metallurgical process flow-sheets for the recovery of lithium from hard rock spodumene mineralisation. The process will take around 16-22 weeks, and is a necessary step towards commercialisation of lithium extraction and purification from the spodumene through a planned pilot project, said United.
United Lithium signed a non-binding Letter of Intent with Leading Edge Materials covering the 100% acquisition of the Bergby Lithium project last December.
- Russia ready for significant increase of domestic gold mining
- Berkeley hits permitting roadblock in Spain
- Canadian investor disappointed after Rosia Montana mining landscape added to UNESCO’s world heritage list
- Rio Tinto’s Planned Jadarite Mine Sparks Protest in Western Serbia
- European lithium independence – blessing or a curse?
- What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Macedonia?
- How valuable is Kosovo’s mineral wealth?
- Rio Tinto's USD 4,4 billion copper mine Oyu Tolgoi deal with EBRD-IFC-BNP Paribas
- Serbia has the world’s largest lithium reserves
- Turkey Afarak Group new chrome ore mine license
- Russian Copper Co RCC is planning to expand its mineral resources base in Kazakhstan
- $700 million invested by Vallex Group in Armenia’s mining industry over past two decades
- Romania Baia Mare Cyanide Spill by Esmeralda Exploration Australia
- Macedonia: How gold is being mined and is there a danger to the environment?
- Highfield Resources’ mining concession process at Muga Potash Project in Spain