Ukraine coal production drops in 2015
Ukrainian coal mining enterprises in 2015 cut coal production by 38.8% (by 25.236 million tonnes) compared to 2014, to 39.759 million tonnes.
A source in the Ministry of Energy and Coal Industry told Interfax-Ukraine that coking coal output last year fell by 49.8%, to 8.155 million tonnes, steam coal by 35.3%, to 31.604 million tonnes.
Coal mining enterprises managed by the Ministry of Energy and Coal Industry in 2015 reduced production by 62%, to 6.742 million tonnes, in particular coking coal production decreased by 57.6%, to 1.950 million tonnes, steam coal by 63.5%, to 4.792 million tonnes.
Mines in Donetsk region in the past year produced 14.368 million tonnes of coal (44.9% down from 2014), Luhansk region 4.333 million tonnes (75.8% down), Dnipropetrovsk region 18.833 million tonnes (0.4% down), Lviv region 1.983 million tonnes (9.2% up), and Volyn region 243,200 tonnes (16.5% down).
- Reservoir Minerals copper exploration project halted by Macedonia Gevgelija local authorities
- What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Macedonia?
- Ariana Resources at Kiziltepe gold mine in Turkey still mining strongly with record level of ore production
- Uzbekistan completes copper mine expansion project
- Dundee reports record gold production in second quarter in Bulgaria
- $700 million invested by Vallex Group in Armenia’s mining industry over past two decades
- Mine waste failures and tailing spills in Serbia
- UK Mineco lead zinc Mine Gros marks 2018 record production and announces 2019 investment
- Turkey gold exploration project promotes AU Mariana Resources junior mining Co
- Rio Tinto is ecological catastrophe for Serbian citizens