Thyssenkrupp exclusive distributor of graphite production from Elcora Adv Materials
Under the terms of the agreement thyssenkrupp has been appointed the exclusive representative and distributor of Elcora’s high purity (greater than 96% purity) graphite production for the territory covering the European Union (EU 28), Russia, Turkey, USA and Canada. thyssenkrupp has been provided the right to purchase 50% of the vein graphite or other graphite produced by Elcora during the term of the agreement.
Troy Grant, President and CEO of Elcora Advanced Materials Corp. (TSXV: ERA) (FSE: ELM) (OTCQB: ECORF), (the “Company” or “Elcora”), announced that Elcora and its joint venture partner Sakura Graphite (PVT) Ltd. (“Sakura”) have entered into a 10 year exclusive distribution agreement with thyssenkrupp Metallurgical Products (“thyssenkrupp”).
Under the terms of the agreement thyssenkrupp undertakes to market 9,000 mt p.a. (50% of the estimated 18,000 mt p.a.) by year 5 of the agreement. thyssenkrupp has the option to renew the agreement for an additional 5 years from the initial 10-year period. The high purity graphite is anticipated to be sold to end users in the lithium ion battery market and for other high end technology applications.
thyssenkrupp Group has identified the opportunity to supply key customers with high purity graphite through their metallurgical products division which complements its existing sales of chromite, bauxite and refractory grade graphite.
Stephan Hanel, Chief Operating Officer of thyssenkrupp Metallurgical Products, says: “This partnership with Elcora and Sakura is extremely attractive for us and represents an ideal addition to our portfolio. We are confident that acting as a distributor for this high-quality graphite will enable us to grow our market share, in particular in the forward-looking technology sector.”
Troy Grant, Chief Executive Officer of Elcora and Sakura, adds: “We are extremely pleased today to announce this newly formed partnership with thyssenkrupp. The Company’s Metallurgical Products Division serves some of the world’s leading manufactures with industrial minerals. Through this exclusive arrangement, Elcora will be supplying the highest grade of graphite material available anywhere in the world to market leaders developing technologies that will power our future. We are grateful for this opportunity.”
- UK Mineco Group marks successful 2018 mining and business results
- European Metals secures offer from Krupa to acquire Cinovec project
- Activists are campaigning against uranium mining in Spain
- BlueJay Mining PLC upgrades resource for its Greenland Dundas project as it presses ahead with PFS
- Greek Court Acquits 21 Environmental Defenders in Eldorado Gold Trial
- Euromax gold Ilovica Mine in Macedonia is spreading fear of heavy metals reveals local environment group
- Refractory ore trouble Russian gold miners
- Albania chromium mines face closure
- Bosnia coal mines to increase production in 2016
- Flinders Resources Sweden graphite Woxna project to be developed with Chinese partners
- Orion mine finance, the owner of Macedonia Sasa lead zinc optimistic in commodities market
- Bank of China to participate in EBRD syndicated loan for Shalkiya mine expansion project
- Russia’s Polyus big step closer to building world’s largest new gold mine
- Canadian International Minerals To Acquire Copper-Cobalt Project In Czech Republic
- Uzbekistan completes copper mine expansion project