Stantec to help Turkey copper miner Eti Bakir transition underground
Global design firm Stantec has been selected to review and evaluate Eti Bakir’s copper mining facility in Siirt Province, Turkey. The copper mine has operated as an open pit facility for several years. Stantec’s work will assist Eti Bakir, part of one of Turkey’s largest mining and metallurgy companies, to transition to an underground mining operation.
Stantec’s Canadian mining business line will lead the project, with assistance on the ground from local Stantec teammembers in Istanbul. “Our experience in underground mine design and related technical services is globally recognised,” says Dr Murat Sarioglu, Operations Director for Stantec in Turkey. “It’s great to come together as a multidisciplinary team to support our clients locally with global expertise.”
Throughout 2019, Stantec mining experts will support Eti Baki as their new underground mine moves through the project execution phase to being fully operational. Stantec will evaluate and advise on the transition process through regular site visits and consultations with the goal of ensuring maximum efficiency throughout the process.
“Our team of mining experts will look at the overall operations process and performance, safety considerations, and opportunities to modify work plans. We will help Eti Bakir find the best path forward,” says Dr Sarioglu.
Stantec has carried out several mining projects in Turkey over the past 20 years, including projects for Eti Bakir, Artmin, Eldorado, and First Quantum. With this project win, Stantec says it strengthens its Canadian and Turkish mining teams, increasesits market share in Turkey, and continues to develop mining technical expertise in its Istanbul office.
“Stantec is a global leader in the mining industry offering world-class experience and specialised knowledge to help mining companies meet even the most difficult technical challenges in a creative yet practical manner. The team specialises in bringing innovative approaches to the industry and has delivered projects around the world, including the Cerro Corona gold mine in Peru and remedial work on the Holden mine in Washington.
- More opposition to Berkeley’s uranium mine in Spain
- Who are the main players in the ore exploration business in Serbia
- UK Mineco's Fregat lead refinery in Russia listed on LME
- Australian Key Petroleum eyes Bosnia oil concessions
- What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Macedonia?
- Rio Sava Exploration Ltd.: Spatial plan for yadarite exploitation and processing in Serbia
- Gold’s Steady Rise Attracts Chinese Money to Russian Miners
- New Turkish gold mine to contribute 100-ton annual gold production target
- How valuable is Kosovo’s mineral wealth?
- Rio Tinto faces charges from Serbian NGO’s