Small businesses develop in vicinity of Lydian Amulsar mine
The economic development of communities in the vicinity of the Amulsar mine is the inseparable part of Lydian Armenia’s mining program.
The company is implementing the Small business development program in the Gndevaz and Gorayk communities since 2016.
Anna Khachatryan a local of Gnedvaz has become a stakeholder of the program with her Garanda pastry production. The official inauguration of the production facillity was held on April 12.
Due to financing from Lydian Armenia, Anna was able to acquire relevant equipment and today she is already receiving orders from various surrounding cities,contractors of Lydian Armenia,who are working in the mine.
“I heard about the program and decided to participate, since I really enjoy cooking pastry. I won the program and began my business. It’s already 3 months since I’m engaged in this business and I am receiving orders from Gndevaz,Jermuk,Saravand and other adjacent cities” , Anna said, adding she receives around 150 boxes of orders in a month.
Nara Ghazaryan, social manager of sustainable development of Lydian Armenia, said this program is just one example of the 14 businesses which were established and supported by them in the Gndevaz community.
“The main purpose of the program is to help the landowners from which the company had acquired land in the previous two years. We have created sources of income for these people – production of cheese, bread and honey. We tried to provide development of livestock” , Ghazaryan said, adding the program’s target were women;businesses of women were provided with support.
Every week Lydian Armenia provides technical assistance – implementing various business model lessons.
The company mainly focuses on lifestyle and highlights the fact that people see and understand that mining is compatible with agriculture and livestock breeding.
According to Lydian Armenia estimates, simultaneously to each direct job in Amulsar mine, 4-5 indirect jobs will be created.
The program has already initiated 14 businesses in Gndevaz, 9 in Gorayk.The company has invested 18 million 468 thousand drams in this programs till now.
- Terra Balcanica extends its polymetallic footprint with positive drill exploration in its flagship project in Bosnia
- St Charles Resources said it reached a final agreement to acquire Bulgaria-based private mining business Eastern Resources
- Europe, Can mining ever be green?
- Russia, Eligdar reports record gold production in 2022
- The exploitation of Portugal’s mineral resources
- Lydian, Amulsar Gold and a viable mining industry in Armenia
- GeoProMining Gold indirectly confirms its involvement in corrupt deal with Armenian government
- Jadar Lithium in Serbia gets four exploration licenses
- Conroy Gold and Anglo Asian Mining to open modern gold mine in Ireland by 2030
- Who are the main players in the ore exploration business in Serbia
- Romania bail out from Ukraine Krivoy Rog Mining Oxidized Ore project investment
- Lydian files BIT notice in relation to Armenian mining project that has been blocked
- Polish ZGH Boleslav accused of polluting Montenegro rivers from its lead zinc mine Suplja Stijena
- Lithium and rare earth elements discovered in Mongolia Khuut mine
- Polymetal takes over Armenia Kapan gold mine from Dundee