Savannah raises US$15.2m for Mina do Barroso in Portugal
The placing involved 92.5 million new ordinary shares and commitments to subscribe for 35.8 million ordinary shares at a placing price of 9p each.
Major Savannah shareholder Al Marjan Limited also sent a letter of intent for a further £1 million, bringing proceeds up to £12.5 million.
Savannah said the aggregate placing and subscription shares represented 15.5% of the company’s enlarged share capital.
Savannah CEO David Archer said the fundraising meant the company was welcoming a number of new significant UK institutional shareholders.
“The net funds raised will enable us to advance our project in Portugal through a feasibility study, with a view to making a final development decision early next year,” he said.
Savannah hopes to start construction of the project in the June 2019 quarter, just months after it finishes a feasibility study.
Savannah’s shares dropped 12.05% Thursday to 9.72p.
- UK Mineco Group marks successful 2018 mining and business results
- European Metals secures offer from Krupa to acquire Cinovec project
- Activists are campaigning against uranium mining in Spain
- BlueJay Mining PLC upgrades resource for its Greenland Dundas project as it presses ahead with PFS
- Greek Court Acquits 21 Environmental Defenders in Eldorado Gold Trial
- Euromax gold Ilovica Mine in Macedonia is spreading fear of heavy metals reveals local environment group
- Refractory ore trouble Russian gold miners
- Albania chromium mines face closure
- Bosnia coal mines to increase production in 2016
- Flinders Resources Sweden graphite Woxna project to be developed with Chinese partners
- Orion mine finance, the owner of Macedonia Sasa lead zinc optimistic in commodities market
- Bank of China to participate in EBRD syndicated loan for Shalkiya mine expansion project
- Russia’s Polyus big step closer to building world’s largest new gold mine
- Canadian International Minerals To Acquire Copper-Cobalt Project In Czech Republic
- Uzbekistan completes copper mine expansion project