Russian Polyus implements LTE network at Kurankh and plans pilot at Krasnoyarsk
The latest to roll out private LTE wireless network is gold mining major Polyus. The company exclusively told IM that it is in the process of implementing private LTE at its Kuranakh open pit operation in north-eastern Siberia.
The company has signed a contract with Rostelecom, one of the largest telecoms operators in Russia for the project. In addition, a pilot private LTE zone will be installed at the Polyus Krasnoyarsk business unit which includes the Olimpiada and Blagodatnoye mines though the company did not specify the exact location for this. Finally, for locations away from mine sites, Polyus is now testing convergent technology on the basis of a GSM and satellite (Iridium) network.
The private LTE systems use 4G LTE technology but with a 5G ready network core. Polyus told IM: “We believe that these communication technologies will provide a basis for various systems relating to our operations, such as driver safety systems (anti fatigue, in-cabin CCTV, collision prevention), fleet-management systems, and semi- or fully automated mining equipment. At our open pit operations, we believe that pLTE network technology will provide a backbone network for all our digital solutions. The final decision will be taken after the full implementation of pLTE at Polyus Kuranakh and post-project analysis.”
- What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Macedonia?
- An Israeli gas pipeline to Turkey and Europe
- Dundee reports record gold production in second quarter in Bulgaria
- Polish ZGH Boleslav accused of polluting Montenegro rivers from its lead zinc mine Suplja Stijena
- Romania coal production to increase by 2020
- Refractory ore trouble Russian gold miners
- Commissioning activities ramping up at Spain tungsten project
- Rio Tinto is ecological catastrophe for Serbian citizens
- Cunico Resources operations in Macedonia & Kosovo, links with Gabriel Resources-Romania Rosia Montana
- $700 million invested by Vallex Group in Armenia’s mining industry over past two decades