Russia to provide 712 million Euro loan for construction of copper processing plant in Uzbekistan
Russia’s State Development Corporation VEB.RF will finance supply of Russian equipment for the largest copper processing plant in Uzbekistan.
A 712 million Euro loan agreement was signed between VEB.RF and Almalyk mining and metallurgical complex ahead of visit of President of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev to Russia.
The loan will be spent for construction of the copper processing plant in Almalyk.
The project will support development of Yoshlik mine and its prospective consolidation with Kalmakyr mine. The united mine will become one of the world’s biggest copper mines. The loan funds will be used for procurement Russian equipment and services under the project, financing of a part of project expenditures.
Almalyk mining and metallurgical complex (AMMC) intends to increase copper processing up to 160 million tons a year. This would allow to achieve production of copper cathodes up to 400,000 tons a year by 2028.
AMMC intends to produce around 270 tons of silver and 50 tons of gold a year by 2028.
Construction of the plant will require $2 billion. Gazprom Bank and Export Insurance Agency of Russia will be involved in financing of the project.
VEB.RF earlier provided loans to AMMC for purchase of quarry trucks and mining equipment.
- Medgold Resources has signed a binding option agreement to sell a 100% interest in the Tlamino gold project in southern Serbia to MetalsTech
- Velocity exercises option to acquire 70% stake in Makedontsi gold project in Bulgaria
- GeoProMining Gold LLC intends to operate Armenia’s Sotk gold mine until 2025
- Last year, a small-scale “battle” took place in a picturesque stretch of mountains in Armenia’s Vayots Dzor region
- The gold mine has been through four stages of development since it was founded and a fifth development phase is currently underway
- Rio Tinto is ecological catastrophe for Serbian citizens
- How valuable is Kosovo’s mineral wealth?
- What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Macedonia?
- Adriatic confirmed it has signed a term sheet with Orion Resource Partners for a US$ 142.5 million debt
- Eldorado Gold Greece mining operations in Panama papers
- Prairie and China Coal advancing Poland Jan Karski coal mine together
- Adriatic finds high-grade precious metals at Rupice Bosnia mine
- Adriatic Metals achieves key milestone at Vares Bosnia
- Serbia: deposits of gold and copper
- Protest against Rio Tinto’s lithium mine in Serbia