Romania: Vast Resources encouraged by drill results
Vast Resources has reported similar grade of copper and zinc from exploration drilling to those recorded from mining at the Manaila polymetallic mine in Romania.
The junior is exploring to establish a JORC compliant resource at the site by the end of this quarter.
Under the Soviet methodology used previously, the site holds 1.8Mt including lead at 0.95%, zinc at 1.86%, copper at 1.17%, gold at 0.63g/t and silver at 45.97g/t
Drilling around the open pit workings indicated roughly similar grades or better for copper and zinc. No new details of gold and silver grades were given.
Roy Pitchford, chief executive, said: “These are encouraging results and are expected to increase the open cut and underground mine life at Manaila. Extending the mine life will add further impetus to the concept of establishing a metallurgical plant at Manaila to avoid the haulage of ore and tailings to and from the metallurgical facilities at Iacobeni. The current progress towards producing separate copper and zinc concentrates at Iacobeni will be enhanced by mining future higher grade copper ore.”
- Serbia will not allow the exploitation of lithium just to export it to other countries
- Construction at Adriatic Metals’ Vares high-grade silver project in Bosnia and Herzegovina is picking up speed
- North Macedonia, Central Asia Metals increases copper production
- Kazakhstan, KAZ Minerals increases copper production 26% in first nine 2022
- Modern mining companies are now going to more zero emissions and green eco-responsible extraction technologies
- What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Macedonia?
- Serbia: deposits of gold and copper
- How valuable is Kosovo’s mineral wealth?
- Talas Gold Mining Complex in Kyrgyzstan launched
- New Bulgaria plant for casting of iron and steel
- Serbia has the world’s largest lithium reserves
- War over lithium behind the mountains in Portugal
- Walkabout Resources identifies ‘numerous’ drilling targets in Ireland
- Czech authorities approves Cinovec lithium DFS level drilling programme
- Who are the main players in the ore exploration business in Serbia