Romania, Bulgaria: Joint project for natural gas pipeline under Danube
Bulgartrans and Transgaz signed in Sofia a contract with Austria’s Habau PPS Pipeline Systems SRL, for the construction of the underwater section of the natural gas interconnector.
Bulgartransgas, the operator of the Bulgarian natural gas transmission grid, informed on Tuesday that Bulgaria and Romania will also build a back-up natural gas pipeline under the Danube River, which will come in addition to the main pipeline.
In early April, Bulgartrans and Transgaz signed in Sofia a contract with Austria’s Habau PPS Pipeline Systems SRL, for the construction of the underwater section of the natural gas interconnector.
Apart from the main natural gas pipeline, Bulgartransgas and Transgaz signed on Monday a contract for the construction of a back-up pipeline that would link the two countries’ natural gas transmission grids. In line with Romanian legislation, the INSPET association was selected as the main constructor of this project, while PPS Pipeline Systems SRL has been selected as associate company.
The main pipeline is expected to become operational in mid-2016, and the back-up pipeline should be completed within a period of 214 days since the start of construction works on the territories of the two countries. The pipeline will have a length of 2.1 kilometres and a maximum annual capacity of 1.5 billion cubic metres.
- Serbia Lece gold mine in the hands of a phantom company from Dubai
- Glencore starts drilling again at Pallas Green
- How valuable is Kosovo’s mineral wealth?
- Romania Baia Mare Cyanide Spill by Esmeralda Exploration Australia
- Miedzi Copper Corporation discovers deposits of silver and copper in Poland
- Dundee issues Bulgaria Chelopech gold mine technical-mineral resource update report
- Gold mines and projects in Greece – One of the main factors behind the stock price decline for Eldorado Gold
- Raw materials mining deal in the Balkans
- EBRD supports inclusive mining in Kazakhstan with ShalkiyaZinc expansion
- Ireland Conroy Gold increases drilling in Monaghan following ‘positive’ results