Petropavlovsk: $20m Russian gold assets sales
Russian gold miner Petropavlovsk is selling its interests in 2 non-core gold exploration companies for $US20M.
The deal includes the Ilyinskoye company, which holds the 1.2Moz JORC probable gold reserves/1.3Moz resources Visokoe deposit in Russia and its 49% of Verkhnetisskaya Ore Mining and its 2 gold exploration licenses, also in Russia. Both are being bought by the Yuzhuralzoloto Group, one of Russia’s largest gold miners, both in terms of production and reserves/resources.
The deal will cost Yuzhuralzoloto $7.5M cash by May 15 2016 and $9M for the assignment of a loan for Ilyinskoye, and $500,000 cash and $3M for the assignment of a loan, for Verkhnetisskaya.
Source: Mining business
- Tara Mines bids to extract last of Bula resource and end long-running saga
- Political influence on Kyrgyz gold mining
- New Bulgaria plant for casting of iron and steel
- Who are the main players in the ore exploration business in Serbia
- Newmont is expanding its business to Europe
- How valuable is Kosovo’s mineral wealth?
- Mining and indigenous communities across the world
- Pan Global gets access to Torrubia copper target in Spain
- How much has Rio Tinto invested in Serbia so far and why is it “pumping” costs
- Leading Edge hits significant lithium, tantalum in Sweden