Petition Seeks to Stop Gold Mining in Armenia's Amulsar Mine
Together with local and international organizations Pan-Armenian Environmental Front civil initiative has started a petition on change.org with the demand to stop gold mine exploitation in Amulsar and cease funding “Lydian International” offshore company.
We would like to ask Sevan, Jermuk residents and whoever is concerned about the future of Armenia and its ecological security to go to the petition site, learn about the risks, sign and circulate the call to stop the dangerous project in Amulsar.
The demands mentioned in the petition are directed to Armenia’s prime-minister Karen Karapetyan, president of World Bank Group Jim Yong Kim, CEO of International Finance Corporation Philippe Le Houérou, president of European Bank for Reconstruction and Development Suma Chakrabarti, private major investors Orion Mine Finance and Resource Capital Funds.
- Serbia Lece gold mine in the hands of a phantom company from Dubai
- Glencore starts drilling again at Pallas Green
- How valuable is Kosovo’s mineral wealth?
- Romania Baia Mare Cyanide Spill by Esmeralda Exploration Australia
- Dundee issues Bulgaria Chelopech gold mine technical-mineral resource update report
- Dundee reports record gold production in second quarter in Bulgaria
- Armenia’s environmental crimes committed in Azerbaijani lands are said to cause $285 billion in damages
- IFIs EIB-EBRD-IFC-KfW financing HPPs in South East Europe against environment impact rules
- EBRD supports inclusive mining in Kazakhstan with ShalkiyaZinc expansion
- Ireland Conroy Gold increases drilling in Monaghan following ‘positive’ results