Pasinex Resources Announces High Grade DSO Sulphide Mineral Sale from the 50% owned Turkey Pinargozu Zn Mine
Pasinex Resources Limited today announced its first sale of direct shipping high-grade zinc sulphide material from its 50%-owned Pinargozu zinc mine in Turkey. The joint venture company Horzum AS reported a sale of 991 tonnes averaging 46.82% Zn. The approximate value of the product realized was over US$700 per tonne.
Steve Williams, President and CEO of Pasinex Resources Limited said, “Direct shipping of sulphide mineralization is virtually unheard of in the world, which is why we are so excited. This is another important step forward for Pasinex and the growth of our Pinargozu zinc mine. This is the first sulphide sale from our newly opened third adit at Pinargozu. It is also direct shipping sulphide mineralization which confirms the high grade material delineated from drilling. This sale represents just a portion of our DSO recently mined and sold. Mining is ongoing and we will be reporting our total production quarterly.”
Mining at 120 tonnes per day, predominantly exploiting non-sulphide high grade zinc carbonate mineralization from two adits, the new third adit is mining sulphide-zinc-rich material. The grade of the mined non sulphide material consistently exceeds the 25% zinc threshold for direct shipping to zinc processing plants and the sulphide zinc material is averaging over the required 45% zinc threshold. Pinargozu is one of several exploration targets along the Horzum Zinc Trend (HZT). The HZT controls a series of Carbonate-Replacement-Deposit mineral occurrences. The HZT extends north of the old Horzum mine, currently operated by our joint venture partner, Akmetal Madencilik San ve Tic. AS, for at least 8 kilometres. The HZT is completely under-explored. Pasinex is the first to apply advanced exploration technology and CRD exploration concepts and models to the HZT.
EurGeol, P.Geo. John Barry, a qualified person as defined by NI 43-101. Mr Barry has inspected the original paid sales invoice issued by the JV for the shipment of zinc sulphides specified in this news release. Mr. Barry is a director of the Company.
- Who are the main players in the ore exploration business in Serbia
- Serbia Lece gold mine in the hands of a phantom company from Dubai
- What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Macedonia?
- Lukoil Romania Petrotel oil refinery prepares for Iran oil
- Eldorado and Minvest Deva Certej mine proposal rejected in Romania
- Oil and gas company MOL cuts CAPEX, focus on projects in Croatia, Russia, Pakistan
- Adriatic Metals’ Veovaca project in Bosnia received exploitation permit
- Mining concessions, fees and challenges for investors in Serbia
- Romania bail out from Ukraine Krivoy Rog Mining Oxidized Ore project investment
- Can Finland and Sweden help decarbonize EU economies?