OMV Petrom & Exxon oil gas exploration in Black sea Romania
OMV Petrom and America’s ExxonMobil have successfully finalized the second drilling campaign in the Neptun block where the two companies have invested a total of EUR 1.5 bln since 2008, Gabriel Selischi, OMV Petrom Board member for Upstream activity, stated on Thursday. OMV Petrom has contributed 50 per cent of that sum.
The two companies plan to invest many billions more in order to attain their goal of selling the natural gas discovered in the Black Sea’s Neptun block
“We drilled seven wells in this block and most of them encountered gas pockets. We have sufficiently encouraging results to continue assessing the commercial viability. The final investment decision is estimated in approximately two years,” Selischi said, Agerpres informs.
According to him, since these are just gas pockets, the project is not influenced in any way by oil prices, which collapsed in recent years.
“We are on schedule with this project and we plan to continue its implementation starting in 2018, if commercial viability is proven. We don’t know as yet what solutions we will tackle. We will have to drill dozens of wells, to build a pipeline, so we are talking about investments running into several billion Euros or Dollars. I know there is a great deal of impatience around this project, however if you compare this project with the highway projects, especially the highways crossing mountains, you will see that we are making progress,” the OMV Petrom official added.
- Terra Balcanica extends its polymetallic footprint with positive drill exploration in its flagship project in Bosnia
- St Charles Resources said it reached a final agreement to acquire Bulgaria-based private mining business Eastern Resources
- Europe, Can mining ever be green?
- Russia, Eligdar reports record gold production in 2022
- The exploitation of Portugal’s mineral resources
- Lydian, Amulsar Gold and a viable mining industry in Armenia
- GeoProMining Gold indirectly confirms its involvement in corrupt deal with Armenian government
- Jadar Lithium in Serbia gets four exploration licenses
- Conroy Gold and Anglo Asian Mining to open modern gold mine in Ireland by 2030
- Who are the main players in the ore exploration business in Serbia
- Romania bail out from Ukraine Krivoy Rog Mining Oxidized Ore project investment
- Lydian files BIT notice in relation to Armenian mining project that has been blocked
- Polish ZGH Boleslav accused of polluting Montenegro rivers from its lead zinc mine Suplja Stijena
- Lithium and rare earth elements discovered in Mongolia Khuut mine
- Polymetal takes over Armenia Kapan gold mine from Dundee