OMV Petrom & Exxon oil gas exploration in Black sea Romania
OMV Petrom and America’s ExxonMobil have successfully finalized the second drilling campaign in the Neptun block where the two companies have invested a total of EUR 1.5 bln since 2008, Gabriel Selischi, OMV Petrom Board member for Upstream activity, stated on Thursday. OMV Petrom has contributed 50 per cent of that sum.
The two companies plan to invest many billions more in order to attain their goal of selling the natural gas discovered in the Black Sea’s Neptun block
“We drilled seven wells in this block and most of them encountered gas pockets. We have sufficiently encouraging results to continue assessing the commercial viability. The final investment decision is estimated in approximately two years,” Selischi said, Agerpres informs.
According to him, since these are just gas pockets, the project is not influenced in any way by oil prices, which collapsed in recent years.
“We are on schedule with this project and we plan to continue its implementation starting in 2018, if commercial viability is proven. We don’t know as yet what solutions we will tackle. We will have to drill dozens of wells, to build a pipeline, so we are talking about investments running into several billion Euros or Dollars. I know there is a great deal of impatience around this project, however if you compare this project with the highway projects, especially the highways crossing mountains, you will see that we are making progress,” the OMV Petrom official added.
- Serbian protesters on Saturday marched to oppose Rio Tinto’s lithium mine plans
- Europe needs to shift the focus away from mining certain metals
- Serbia: Opposition to international mining company Rio Tinto’s planned lithium mine in Serbia is growing
- Rio Tinto: Jadarite processing will be an example of world best practice
- For the Vares silver project lower costs
- How valuable is Kosovo’s mineral wealth?
- European Metals, Lithium mining may start in Czech mountains
- Chaarat set to pursue gold opportunities in Kyrgyz
- Norwegian phosphate, vanadium and titanium raw materials discovery
- Ukraine plans to auction United Mining and Chemical Company
- Win Win for Euromax-Aurubis copper concentrate take off deal
- Rio Tinto is ecological catastrophe for Serbian citizens
- Large new Zijin investments in Serbia
- $700 million invested by Vallex Group in Armenia’s mining industry over past two decades
- Cinovec lithium and tin project in Czech Republic fully funded