Nevsun Resources copper-gold Timok Serbia project advance preparations for mine opening
Minister of Energy and Mining Aleksandar Antic spoke with Fraser Bourchier, Executive Manager of the Canadian mining company “Nevsun Resource”, which is investigating the sites of precious metals at Bor.
It was concluded on the meeting that significant progress was made in the implementation of Timok project on the “Cukaru Peki’ deposit, which is according to previous researches, one of the richest copper and gold mining sites in the world, according to the Ministry of Mining and Energy.
“We expect that the Study for certification of reserves in the upper part of the site will be submitted in 2017 and that construction works for the pit construction will begin this year which, in the first phase, will be in the function of further exploration activities, and afterwards for the purpose of exploitation”, said Antic.
Upon completion of exploration works, the plan of the companies “Nevsun Resource” and “Rakita Exploration” is to start exploitation and open the mine, which will be one of the largest copper and gold mines in Europe, according to a statement by the Ministry of Mining and Energy.
As mentioned, it is expected that the opening of the mine in that region will bring numerous jobs that will accelerate economic growth in the region and raise Serbian GDP.
- Serbia will not allow the exploitation of lithium just to export it to other countries
- Construction at Adriatic Metals’ Vares high-grade silver project in Bosnia and Herzegovina is picking up speed
- North Macedonia, Central Asia Metals increases copper production
- Kazakhstan, KAZ Minerals increases copper production 26% in first nine 2022
- Modern mining companies are now going to more zero emissions and green eco-responsible extraction technologies
- What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Macedonia?
- Serbia: deposits of gold and copper
- How valuable is Kosovo’s mineral wealth?
- Talas Gold Mining Complex in Kyrgyzstan launched
- Walkabout Resources identifies ‘numerous’ drilling targets in Ireland
- Czech authorities approves Cinovec lithium DFS level drilling programme
- Who are the main players in the ore exploration business in Serbia
- New Bulgaria plant for casting of iron and steel
- Serbia has the world’s largest lithium reserves
- War over lithium behind the mountains in Portugal