Nevsun Files Technical Report for its Serbia based copper gold Timok Upper Zone PFS
Nevsun Resources announce that the Timok Upper Zone National Instrument 43-101 pre-feasibility study technical report has been filed and is available for review under the Company’s profile on SEDAR at www.sedar.com, on EDGAR at www.sec.gov and on the Company’s website at www.nevsun.com.
The Timok Upper Zone is one of the best undeveloped copper projects globally. The recently released pre-feasibility study results demonstrate the project’s sector-leading returns with an after-tax NAV8% of $1.8 billion and IRR of 80% at $3.15 per pound copper. The Company announced receipt of the exploration decline permit in February and construction will commence in early June.
Resource calculations are underway following completion of the $20 millionTimok Lower Zone drill program which highlighted the deposit’s significant scale and impressive grades. The initial resource will be released in mid-2018 and is expected to demonstrate the potential addition of a world scale copper-gold porphyry to Nevsun’s Serbian portfolio of assets.
Nevsun Resources Ltd. is the 100% owner of the high-grade copper-gold Timok Upper Zone and 60.4% owner of the Timok Lower Zone in Serbia. The Timok Lower Zone is a partnership with Freeport-McMoRan Exploration Corporation which currently owns 39.6% and upon completion of any feasibility study (on the Upper or Lower Zone), Nevsun Resources Ltd. will own 46% and Freeport will own 54%. Nevsun generates cash flow from its 60% owned copper-zinc Bisha Mine in Eritrea. Nevsun is well positioned with a strong debt-free balance sheet to grow shareholder value through advancing Timok to production.
- Nevsun Files Technical Report for its Serbia based copper gold Timok Upper Zone PFS
- Erin Ventures’ Boron Property in Serbia, Exploration Update
- Romania vs Gabriel Resources and local communities over Rosia Montana gold deposits
- Raiden Resources pens US$31.5M deal with Rio Tinto for JV in Serbia
- Euromax gold Ilovica Mine in Macedonia is spreading fear of heavy metals reveals local environment group
- Polymetal takes over Armenia Kapan gold mine from Dundee
- Significant increase in Keliber’s mineral resources in Finland
- Metalfer opens mine in Serbia
- European Electric Metals intersects high-grade copper near surface in Albania Rehova copper project
- New Greenland Government to champion mining