Mining industry development concept worked out in Armenia
In compliance with the Armenian prime minister’s order, the ministry of energy infrastructures and natural resources has worked out a concept of development of the country’s mining industry, the press office of the ministry reported on Friday.
Shushanik Kerobyan, the chief of the geology, normative methodology and analyses division of the agency on earth entrails the major problems hobbling development of the mining industry are presented in the concept.
The lack of a comprehensive policy and strategy as well as investments and state geological studies in the industry are presented in the concept along with other problems.
The concept proposes to work out a strategy of development of the mining industry with attracting concerned ministries, civil society organizations, potential investors, beneficiary communities, representatives of international organizations, donors etc.
The studies conducted in different periods, surveys and round-table discussion are needed for outlining the strategy. International experience should be taken into consideration as well.
- What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Macedonia?
- Rio Tinto is ecological catastrophe for Serbian citizens
- CVMR’s investment in two high grade graphite mines in Turkey
- Bosnia local community halts gold exploration
- David against Goliath: An Irish community fights a gold mining company
- European Metals, completion of drilling programme at Cinovec Czech Republic
- Serbia Timok copper project biggest European discovery, Lundin joins Freeport-Reservoir
- Vast Resources attracts $9.5 mln for investment in mines in Romania
- Alternatives to Mining in Armenia: How Realistic Are They?
- Centerra’s Öksüt gold mine in Turkey begins with commercial production