UK Mineco plans opening of new Bosil-Metal lead-zinc mine in Serbia
– Preparations for the opening of Bosil-Metal Mine near Bosilegrad are in the final stage and the official opening of the mine can be expected in several months, the British company Mineco announced today.
As stated, in the Bosil-Metal lead, zinc and copper mine the preparation of the pilot production plant within testing production technology is being finalized and the final approval of the competent authorities is expected in the shortest possible time.
It is stated that Mineco has hired 70 employees so far, mainly people living near Bosilegrad, and it is expected their number to reach 300 at full production.
“When ready, this will be the first mine in Serbia in the last 40 years with underground mining which has been completely constructed and ready for operation,” it is said in the statement and emphasized that the operation of Bosil-metal mine will be in accordance with the highest standards related to safety at work, environmental protection and quality control.
The company Mineco said that during 2016, the total investments in Bosilegrad mine which is expected to be the head of economic development in the municipality, reached USD 13.5 million.
The statement noted that last year company made progress in all sectors of operation.
In Serbia Mineco operates two active lead and zinc mines, Rudnik near Gornji Milanovac and Veliki Majdan at Ljubovija, which employ more than 700 people. In Republika Srpska, near Srebrenica, Mineco also operates with partners the mine Gross, where more than 500 people are employed, and it prepares the opening of Olovo mine at Olovo in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Since 2004, the total investments of Mineco group members in the region have exceeded EUR 59.5 million, of which EUR 7.44 million in 2016. In Europe, Mineco together with partners employs about 2,000 people, of whom about 1,400 work in the region.
- What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Macedonia?
- Serbia Timok copper project biggest European discovery, Lundin joins Freeport-Reservoir
- Euro Sun close to getting final approvals for gold-copper project in Romania
- Serbia: deposits of gold and copper
- China’s dominance of strategic resources
- The weight of gold, Bulgaria
- Solway copper mine Bucin Macedonia operations
- Zijin Mining project is one of the many highly polluting Chinese investments
- Finland’s Afarak buys operation of Serbia’s Magnohrom magnesite mines
- Raw materials mining deal in the Balkans