UK Mineco plans opening of new Bosil-Metal lead-zinc mine in Serbia
– Preparations for the opening of Bosil-Metal Mine near Bosilegrad are in the final stage and the official opening of the mine can be expected in several months, the British company Mineco announced today.
As stated, in the Bosil-Metal lead, zinc and copper mine the preparation of the pilot production plant within testing production technology is being finalized and the final approval of the competent authorities is expected in the shortest possible time.
It is stated that Mineco has hired 70 employees so far, mainly people living near Bosilegrad, and it is expected their number to reach 300 at full production.
“When ready, this will be the first mine in Serbia in the last 40 years with underground mining which has been completely constructed and ready for operation,” it is said in the statement and emphasized that the operation of Bosil-metal mine will be in accordance with the highest standards related to safety at work, environmental protection and quality control.
The company Mineco said that during 2016, the total investments in Bosilegrad mine which is expected to be the head of economic development in the municipality, reached USD 13.5 million.
The statement noted that last year company made progress in all sectors of operation.
In Serbia Mineco operates two active lead and zinc mines, Rudnik near Gornji Milanovac and Veliki Majdan at Ljubovija, which employ more than 700 people. In Republika Srpska, near Srebrenica, Mineco also operates with partners the mine Gross, where more than 500 people are employed, and it prepares the opening of Olovo mine at Olovo in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Since 2004, the total investments of Mineco group members in the region have exceeded EUR 59.5 million, of which EUR 7.44 million in 2016. In Europe, Mineco together with partners employs about 2,000 people, of whom about 1,400 work in the region.
- Rio Tinto’s Serbian saga offers a lesson in critical minerals
- Skouries project is expected to produce an aggregate of 140,000oz of gold and 67 million pounds of copper per annum
- Anglo Asian Mining expects to produce 54,000-58,000 gold equivalent ounces in 2022
- Since Kyrgyzstan seized the gold mine last year, it has been the source of constant scandal
- Xanadu poised to benefit from Mongolian mining laws
- What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Macedonia?
- Vimetco NV Aluminium Romania Alro reputation challenged with electricity court case
- Rio Tinto’s Jadar project in Serbia – one of the most important lithium deposits in the world
- Titanium mining progress in Iran
- Talas Gold Mining Complex in Kyrgyzstan launched
- An influx of mining concessions in Portugal
- Polymetal signs swap deal to acquire 85% stake in Kazakhstan deposit
- Somincor Mine invests €260M to more than double zinc production
- Black Iron selected Ukraine’s Cargill for offtake rights production from iron ore project
- Baimsky mining plant in Chukotka to start working in 2022