Metalfer opens mine in Serbia
In March, excavation starts at the Čadinje mine near Prijepolje.
The English giant “Metalfer” will begin in March with the intensive excavation of the ore at the Čadinje mine, and it is planned to dig at least 20,000 tons of ore at the preparatory stage, said the Mayor of Prijepolje, Dragoljub Zindović.
“For now, the ore will be transported to Gornji Milanovac, where the flotation of the lead and zinc mine will be organized by the separation of metals whose total percentage of copper, lead, zinc, gold and silver is about seven percent, well above the percentage of ore in Bor, which for decades is in exploitation,” Zindović told BETA.
“Metalfer” Group President Branko Zečević said that “it’s not time for long stories but for efficient work”.
“Metalfer is working intensively on developing plans for opening the mine at the Čadinje locality. Underground exploitation is planned not to adversely affect the environment and create 80 to 100 jobs,” Zečević said, adding that he will give more details about the project in May, until when everything that they are planning will be tested in practice.
Group “Metalfer” was founded in London in 1993 and has been present in Serbia since 2002 and since then it has become one of the largest steel producers and bearer of mining projects in the region.
In 2008, the Group built “Metalfer Steel Mill” in Sremska Mitrovica, using the position of a local manufacturer of steel reinforcing bars, since the focus of business was transferred to the Balkan region with the parallel development of related operations in Serbia, Montenegro and Bosnia.
- Nevsun Files Technical Report for its Serbia based copper gold Timok Upper Zone PFS
- Erin Ventures’ Boron Property in Serbia, Exploration Update
- Romania vs Gabriel Resources and local communities over Rosia Montana gold deposits
- Raiden Resources pens US$31.5M deal with Rio Tinto for JV in Serbia
- Euromax gold Ilovica Mine in Macedonia is spreading fear of heavy metals reveals local environment group
- Polymetal takes over Armenia Kapan gold mine from Dundee
- Significant increase in Keliber’s mineral resources in Finland
- Metalfer opens mine in Serbia
- European Electric Metals intersects high-grade copper near surface in Albania Rehova copper project
- New Greenland Government to champion mining