Metalfer opens mine in Serbia
In March, excavation starts at the Čadinje mine near Prijepolje.
The English giant “Metalfer” will begin in March with the intensive excavation of the ore at the Čadinje mine, and it is planned to dig at least 20,000 tons of ore at the preparatory stage, said the Mayor of Prijepolje, Dragoljub Zindović.
“For now, the ore will be transported to Gornji Milanovac, where the flotation of the lead and zinc mine will be organized by the separation of metals whose total percentage of copper, lead, zinc, gold and silver is about seven percent, well above the percentage of ore in Bor, which for decades is in exploitation,” Zindović told BETA.
“Metalfer” Group President Branko Zečević said that “it’s not time for long stories but for efficient work”.
“Metalfer is working intensively on developing plans for opening the mine at the Čadinje locality. Underground exploitation is planned not to adversely affect the environment and create 80 to 100 jobs,” Zečević said, adding that he will give more details about the project in May, until when everything that they are planning will be tested in practice.
Group “Metalfer” was founded in London in 1993 and has been present in Serbia since 2002 and since then it has become one of the largest steel producers and bearer of mining projects in the region.
In 2008, the Group built “Metalfer Steel Mill” in Sremska Mitrovica, using the position of a local manufacturer of steel reinforcing bars, since the focus of business was transferred to the Balkan region with the parallel development of related operations in Serbia, Montenegro and Bosnia.
- Raiden Resources update on progress of its Serbian project
- How valuable is Kosovo’s mineral wealth?
- Deficit of trust in Rio Tinto’s social and environment program
- Expansion of Chinese Zidjin in Serbia
- Rosia Montana inclusion on UNESCO list resumed by Romanian government
- What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Macedonia?
- UK Beowulf mining takes over graphite and eyes nickel exploration assets in Sweden
- Romania Baia Mare Cyanide Spill by Esmeralda Exploration Australia
- Albania chromium mines face closure
- Dalradian Gold plans gold mine in Northen Ireland, community splits between pros and cons