Medgold Resources has signed a binding option agreement to sell a 100% interest in the Tlamino gold project in southern Serbia to MetalsTech
Canada-based Medgold Resources said it has signed a binding option agreement to sell a 100% interest in the Tlamino gold project in southern Serbia to Australia-based mining company MetalsTech for 3 million Australian dollars ($2.2 million/1.9 million euro) in cash.
The exclusive option is exercisable by MetalsTech on or before 30 calendar days from the effective date of the agreement and seven calendar days subsequent to MetalsTech advising Medgold that it has completed its due diligence, Medgold said in a statement on Wednesday.
Completion of the acquisition is subject to the satisfaction of certain conditions, including the conversion of the 51% interest in the Tlamino project of Fortuna Silver Mines, a partner of Medgold, to a 1% net smelter return royalty, and regulatory approvals in Canada and Australia, Medgold said.
“We are pleased to have the opportunity to monetize Medgold’s Serbian business. If completed, the proceeds of the Tlamino sale will allow us to focus on acquiring and advancing other exploration properties of merit. We’re already actively searching for new precious and base metal projects and I look forward to updating shareholders in due course,” Jeremy Crozier, president and CEO of Medgold, noted.
The Tlamino project is located close to the borders of both Bulgaria and North Macedonia, approximately five hours south of the Serbian capital, Belgrade. The project comprises two exploration licenses, Donje Tlamino and Surlica-Dukat, each approximately 100 square kilometres.
All exploration work at the project is fully-funded by Fortuna, which has an option to earn up to 70% of the project by spending $8 million (7.2 million euro) on exploration over five years.
- Kyrgyz state seized control of the lucrative Kumtor mine from the Canadian firm Centerra Gold
- The miner focused its exploration and development efforts in the European country
- European Lithium welcomes Austrian mining minister’s call
- Mawson Gold has received key planning and regulatory decisions
- Greenland Strips Chinese Mining Firm of License for Iron Ore Deposit
- How valuable is Kosovo’s mineral wealth?
- Jadar Lithium in Serbia gets four exploration licenses
- Serbia: deposits of gold and copper
- Rio Tinto is ecological catastrophe for Serbian citizens
- Romania Baia Mare Cyanide Spill by Esmeralda Exploration Australia
- Sweden: Talga has started trial mining at its Vittangi graphite project
- Protest against Rio Tinto’s lithium mine in Serbia
- How much has Rio Tinto invested in Serbia so far and why is it “pumping” costs
- JOGMEC & Mundoro Extends Drill Program on its Serbia based copper-gold porphyry Borsko Jezero project
- Armenia’s unprocessed copper is the leading export