Medgold Excited By Serbia Potential
Canada-listed explorer Medgold Resources is excited by the potential at its Tlamino gold project in Serbia as the latest assays demonstrate mineralisation extends into the hillside.
Assays from a composite channel sample interval at an adit in the Barje prospect contained 52m at 2.2g/t gold and 88g/t silver.
“Our confidence is building in our geological model, which we have been able to test having entered, mapped and sampled the adit, and we can now consistently demonstrate anomalous gold-silver values in all three directions at Barje,” Medgold president Dan James said.
The adit had been excavated by a Yugoslav state company in the 1950s in a search for lead-zinc mineralisation.
James said exploration was progressing “steadily” despite a delay in the issuing of a land access permit and the company was aiming to start first-pass diamond drilling in the second quarter of 2018.
The drilling will be fully-funded by Medgold’s strategic partner, Fortuna Silver Mines.
The pair is part of the six-member, Vancouver-based Gold Group of companies led by Simon Ridgway, who is also Medgold’s chairman and CEO.
Under the alliance, Fortuna can earn up to 51% of Tlamino by spending US$3 million within three years.
Medgold has terminated its exploration in Portugal to focus on its Serbian projects.
Shares in the company closed up 6.67% at C16c, towards the lower end of its 52-week range of 13-25c.
- Who are the main players in the ore exploration business in Serbia
- Serbia Lece gold mine in the hands of a phantom company from Dubai
- What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Macedonia?
- Lukoil Romania Petrotel oil refinery prepares for Iran oil
- Eldorado and Minvest Deva Certej mine proposal rejected in Romania
- Oil and gas company MOL cuts CAPEX, focus on projects in Croatia, Russia, Pakistan
- Adriatic Metals’ Veovaca project in Bosnia received exploitation permit
- Mining concessions, fees and challenges for investors in Serbia
- Can Finland and Sweden help decarbonize EU economies?
- Romania bail out from Ukraine Krivoy Rog Mining Oxidized Ore project investment