Mechel Russia to supply coal to Baosteel China
Russian steel and mining company Mechel has extended its coal supply agreement with China-based Baosteel Resources.
Russian steel and mining company Mechel has extended its previously signed coal supply agreement with China-based Baosteel Resources.
The company will supply up to 960,000t of premium-grade coking coal produced at Neryungrinsky Open Pit to Baosteel from April 2016 through to March 2017.
Most of the coal is planned to be shipped through Mechel’s own Trade Port Posiet.
Mechel CEO Oleg Korzhov said: “We have established constructive ties with Baosteel Resources.
“We supply our partners with high-quality coking coal which has long become a trademark of Yakutia and all of Russia’s Far East.
“Baosteel Resources accounts on average for 30% of our coal exports to China, that has always been a priority market for us.”
Mechel signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) in January 2015 to provide increased coal supply to Baosteel.
Under the terms of the MoU, the company supplied up to 1.4 million tonnes of coking coal, PCI and steam coal to Baosteel.
Mechel said that over one million tonnes of coking coal was shipped to Baosteel in China’s eastern and southern provinces since April 2014 through December 2014.
“Long-term export contracts are particularly important for us in the period of FX volatility as they provide Mechel with stable foreign currency revenue,” Korzhov said.
Source: Mining technology
- What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Macedonia?
- Reservoir Minerals copper exploration project halted by Macedonia Gevgelija local authorities
- Mine waste failures and tailing spills in Serbia
- Romania, Rovina gold mining project in Romania close to getting final permits
- Kyrgyzstan Kumtor gold output accounted for 9.7% of country’s GDP in 2017
- Turkey gold exploration project promotes AU Mariana Resources junior mining Co
- Uzbekistan completes copper mine expansion project
- Anglo Asian Mining PLC said the government of Azerbaijan granted it access to the Zangilan district
- Ariana Resources at Kiziltepe gold mine in Turkey still mining strongly with record level of ore production
- Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials