Mawson Resources secures permit to restart drilling at Finnish gold prospect
Mawson Resources is all set to restart drilling at a Finnish gold prospect after securing an exploration permit at the Rompas-Rajapalot gold project from the Finnish Safety and Chemical Agency and Mining Authority.
The Männistö Exploration Permit granted by the Finnish agency is for an area of 2,123 hectares. It enables the Canada-based mining company to restart exploration activities at the Rompas prospect after a gap of four years.
The new permit is contained in the larger 16,162-hectare area of permits and applications.
According to Mawson, the permit includes the Rompas high grade nuggety gold mineralization and areas that are believed to have potential traces of Rajapalot-style disseminated gold.
Mawson stated that the main target at the Männistö license is Rajapalot-style disseminated gold mineralization. The target in Rompas is located stratigraphically near a previous discovery of high grade gold mineralization.
Mawson Resources chairman and CEO Michael Hudson says that the Rompas prospect is core to the company’s continued investment in gold exploration in northern Finland.
At Rompas, Mawson had drilled a diamond drill hole for gold in 2012 in the Männistö Exploration Permit area to record gold intersection of 6m at 617 g/t gold.
Hudson added: “Our recent work at Rajapalot, where an extensive area of gold disseminated mineralization has been discovered, has shown the Rajapalot-style of mineralization lies stratigraphically adjacent to the Rompas host rocks, in an area of very limited outcrop and no prior drilling.”
In the last two months, Mawson had completed field mapping, prospecting and VLFR geophysical surveys for 8.1kms. The processes as per Mawson have defined a Rajapalot-style target horizon spanning 2.5km along strike.
- Reservoir Minerals copper exploration project halted by Macedonia Gevgelija local authorities
- What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Macedonia?
- $700 million invested by Vallex Group in Armenia’s mining industry over past two decades
- Mine waste failures and tailing spills in Serbia
- Ariana Resources at Kiziltepe gold mine in Turkey still mining strongly with record level of ore production
- Uzbekistan completes copper mine expansion project
- Dundee reports record gold production in second quarter in Bulgaria
- Galantas Gold ships first gold and silver concentrate from Omagh Gold Mine, Northern Ireland
- Macedonia Valandovo local community mobilizes against copper mine exploitation
- UK Mineco lead zinc Mine Gros marks 2018 record production and announces 2019 investment