Mariana Resources Limited's interims reflect the progress made to date in Turkey
Its success with the drill bit is reflected in the share price, which has advanced over 260% in the year to date.
Interims from Mariana Resources Limited chart an ‘exceptional’ period in which the full potential of the Hot Maden gold-copper project became apparent.
Drilling produced some high-grade results, including a bonanza 71-metre section at almost 33 grams per tonne and 1.9% copper.
The work was distilled down into an updated resources statement published shortly after the period end, which bumped the indicated gold resources to 2.79mln ounces, while the copper component weighed in at 166,000 tonnes.
Combined this was the equivalent of 3.43mln ounces of the precious metal, which represented a near 70% increase on the last updated figure of just under 2mln ounces gold equivalent.
Within July’s update was a maiden resource estimate for zinc, which was 11,600 tonnes listed in the indicated category with a further 114,000 tonnes inferred.
- What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Macedonia?
- Turkey gold exploration project promotes AU Mariana Resources junior mining Co
- Reservoir Minerals copper exploration project halted by Macedonia Gevgelija local authorities
- Mine waste failures and tailing spills in Serbia
- Ariana Resources at Kiziltepe gold mine in Turkey still mining strongly with record level of ore production
- Kyrgyzstan Kumtor gold output accounted for 9.7% of country’s GDP in 2017
- Uzbekistan completes copper mine expansion project
- Romania, Rovina gold mining project in Romania close to getting final permits
- Finland’s government plans to introduce a new tax on minerals extracted by the mining industry
- $700 million invested by Vallex Group in Armenia’s mining industry over past two decades